Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro shows all versions on startup except the one i am using(5.1

Buford, W4HVW
Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
On startup, Maestro shows all versions except the one i am using(5.1) . I turn the Maestro off and back on. it goes directly to main screen on boot up. I am using 5.1 because ver 6.0 & 6.1 lock my sound card on all digital modes except WSJT. I reported this problem 6 months ago but got no response. The info on ver 6.2 recommends not downgrading once upgrading to Ver 6.2. 
I am hesitant to upgrade not knowing if this problem has been resolved. I am using a 6300 with Maestro. The computer is a desktop running ver. 8.1.  It does the same with a ver10 laptop

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Older versions have been removed in order so people will not use a version without the latest fixes. It is strongly recommended that you move to the last update. this new update protects the SD card from corruption. There is an update coming soon with fixes v2 .4.9 
  • Buford, W4HVW
    Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    why  would it display ver 1.12.1 and 2.4.9 and not 2.5.1. I stated in the post that I
    don't use the later versions because they lock my sound card on digital modes except wsjt. I enjoy using tty and sstv and would have to give them up if I upgraded.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If I have understood correctly, version 2.5.1, 2.6.0 and 2.6.1  may cause the SD card to go corrupt. 2.49 is kept as it do offer some features that were "broken" in the latter releases. Not sure how harmful 2.4.9 may be on SD. Latest v1.12.1 is there as there are users that have not paid to upgrade to higher version.  My Maestro dopped my v2.6.0 and I was pretty much forced to upgrade.
    Now for your sound card problem,  maybe the newest DAX drivers work better?  I think  the latest DAX/CAT are to be kept when downgrading.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    V2.4.9 is going to stay on the list, but at this time the changes have not been done to 2.4.9.  An update is due out very soon. If you are having troubles with the latest versions I recommend that you find out what is causing the problems. Instead of avoiding them.. The latest releases are well worth using.
  • Buford, W4HVW
    Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The screen shows every version old and new  except v 5.1  I will not upgrade until i am assured the problem is fixed. V 5.1 works for me.
  • Buford, W4HVW
    Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    v 5.1  is not part of the problem

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.