Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro resolution

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
I am planning to order 6600 pretty soon and just wonder about Maestro resolution.
Maestro has 1280 x 800 resolution, while Flex "M" version has 1920x1080 pixels.
Does Flex planning to cell their stock of 1280x1080 and switch to 1920x1080?
Any plans to offer 1920x1080 vesion for few more dollars?
Now, I am not looking for answers that 1280x800 is good enough, just wonder if higher resolution screen will be offered.
Thanks
Sergey, KN7K

Answers

• Mike Presnell
    Mike Presnell Member
    edited June 2020
    Sergey,    I always buy the fastest computer, best monitors, etc.   but, have to admit, the screen on my Maestro seems perfect to me as it is.  I'm sure I would like the 1920x1080,  but in my opinion the 1280x800 is certainly good enough.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Nothing has been announced about a higher reaolution Maestro.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mike, I completely understand what do you mean. I just wonder why 1920x1080 is not available if it installed on M versions. Add “50$“more to it and cell it :) Also, it is always better/cheaper for any manufacturer to go with one model of HW instead of two. Unless they have an old stock. Sergey, KN7K
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    The higher resolution is on the M series since they mirror the screen resolution and it can be displayed on a 50 inch or bigger monitor. 800x600 is fine for an 8 inch display. Dave wo2x
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dave, 800x600 is questionable “fine” resolution even for 8” display in 2018. All I am saying, Flex have higher resolution display available, why not offer them? If you would have 2 options with 1280x800 and 1920x1080 with let’s say 100$ difference which one would you choose? Sergey, KN7K
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The only reason I would want or consider higher resolution is for output to a larger monitor.

Someone should do a comparison between a Maestro and M radio side by side. On that size of display I would not expect noticeable resolution differences. Now there may be some differences in quality in terms of brightness, etc. Just don't know :)

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    Then they would have three hardware versions of Maestro to support. It is business. There is no issue with 800x600 so why spend more money in production than necessary? I have a hardware V1 Maestro at my office and v2 Maestro at home and am perfectly satisfied with 800x600. At a screen size of 8 inches. Now if I take my 50” 4k monitor and were to plug it into a source at 800x600 I would not be happy. I have not seen the inside of the front panel on the M model but we are told that it is significantly different than the tablet in the Maestro. Dave
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The "M" model is 1920x1200

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I seem to remember reading Flex has no plans to offer a higher resolution screen on the Maestro.  (Personally I question why it would be needed.)  The newer Maestro (B-version) uses the same resolution screen as the A-version Maestro.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dave , I am not talking about 50” monitors. I recently switched from two 24” 1080p monitors to two 27” 4 k monitors and run SDR IQ with SDR console SW on them, resolution results in a beautiful , sharp and detailed waterfall. Again, I am asking why not offer 1080p resolution Maestro if it available on M version? I am aware of Flex explanation about M version output 1080p to external monitor. But again, screen on M radios has 1080p resolution, why not to have it as option on just Maestro console. I am not here to make an arguments, just wonder if Flex will offer it in a future and/or maybe to give them an idea that some of us could be interested in it. Sergey, Kn7K
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    As Dave mentioned things would need to be re worked in order to change the screens. So the question is, why do it?

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Because I am willing to pay more for sharper monitor :)
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes, and I would like to see it on Maestro.
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Fair enough.  I probably would as well if given the choice. Needed or not :)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I don't think it will happen,,as Tim said there are no plans for it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If the new screens never came out on the new radios, know one would have known anything.
    I really don't think Flex is going to re design the Maestro to work with the new screen. And there is not a good reason for it.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited March 2018
    Simple answer the hardware to support the display is different between Maestro and M model. Maestro already is 800x600 and would cost Flex extra development money to change production mid stream.
  • Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have a 6600M and a Maestro and do not notice any difference between the screens.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Gordon, good to know Sergey, kn7k
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Today I spoke with Flex support. I pointed out that the Flex website listed the Maestro screen resolution at 1280 x 800.  They checked and then stated that I had found an erroneous specification on the Flex website. In fact, the Maestro definitely has the identical resolution of 1920 x 1200 as the 6400M/6600M models.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2018
    Who in support said that? Maestro is WXGA which is 1280 x 800. Unless the specs on their site are wrong.
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My post is accurate and self explanatory. 1920 x 1200 is the Maestro resolution.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Since when?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2018
    Again, who in support made that statement?
  • James Watts
    James Watts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Actually, FRS must've changed the spec's on the new Maestro to match the new M series. Look at this video while an employee of FRS was interviewed and ask about the resolution of the Maestro he had on display. He clearly states 1920 x 1200 IPS panel at about 3:27 into the video.

• Manuel Maseda
    Manuel Maseda Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Nope. The Maestro isn’t 1920 x 1200. You can see Michael had to think about it and just got mixed up. Tim or Michael will jump in shortly and clear this up.
  • James Watts
    James Watts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That might be the case, but I do wish someone from Flex would clarify. Just to add from the comments on this video, this guy. says he called Flex yesterday and this is what they told him:

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    So, I made a mistake and the resolutions are different, however, when you look both side by side, you can't see the difference at all.  Larry and I are on the phone now discussing it.  

I personally apologize for any confusion.  I learned something last night when I double checked.
  • James Watts
    James Watts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Michael, we all make mistakes. However, I would very much like a definitive answer as to if it's an 8" or 9" diagonal display and also 1920 x 1200 IPS or 1280 x 800.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The Maestro display is gorgeous. If you can use it now I'd get it rather than wait.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.