Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Recovery message

Ivo I7/9A3A
Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Maestro
When attempting to power on Maestro after 4 weeks inactivity, I get a RECOVERY message indicating to operating system loading problem. Any suggestions if I can locally fix it, 20 seconds reset somehow has not worked for me.

73 Ivo I7/9A3Aimage

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Is it fully charged?
  • Ivo I7/9A3A
    Ivo I7/9A3A Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It was packed for WRTC but never used. Internal battery bank shows 78% power, so it should power on normally. It is now connected to the PS and I will try tomorrow to see if it will boot normally. 

73 Ivo I7/9A3A
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Power supply does not charge the battery. Give it a try with it connected to Lan connection and power supply
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    In addition to the optional battery that you can install, there is a battery on the internal processor board and needs to be recharged after periods of non use.  Just attach the external power supply for a few hours before you attempt to start Maestro.

AL, K0VM
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Is it recommended or best practice that I have my 12V power brick on and connected to the maestro when not in use. If YES why if No why not?

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    John
    Answer is Yes, because it keeps the Maestro's internal battery, not the external battery, charged. it's that internal battery that provides power to boot the Maestro when the power brick and external battery are disconnected. So leave the Maestro powered and turn the Maestro off when your not using it. That internal battery discharges pretty quickly when no other power is supplied.   

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

OK great I basically leave the Maestro power connected at all times unless I go portable. My hope is that it will extend the life of the tablet battery in the maestro by keeping it charged at all times.

I also keep my removable batteries charging when not in use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.