Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro receiver bandwidth selection...another observation

Paul Bradbeer
Paul Bradbeer Member
edited August 2019 in New Ideas

Again...pretty sure I'm not operating this wrong, but there's another thing about the bandwidth selection in Maestro which seems 'wrong' (stands back...puts anti-flame suit on..).

In CW, when I push the BW Select button, the filter width increases...actually it would make more sense for it to decrease in width.  At the moment I seem to have to go '3 sides of a square' and lots of button pressing in order to select a narrower bandwidth.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to configure this differently?  Have I been sent a left-hand drive model?  ;-)

Paul M0CVX

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Paul,

You can open the bandwidth menu and then press and hold your favorite bandwidths. This will place a small triangle in the upper right corner of the box. Close the menu and now when you press bandwidth it will only cycle through your favorite selections. For CW I use 1k, 400, and 100.

This should help.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks, Mack.  I guess that means that I can put them in the 'right' order?  I'll give it a try. 

Thanks

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Well Mack, that has programmed-in the bandwidths that I want...but they still select in (what is to me) a counter-intuitive direction....press the button and the filter widths increase.  What would really make much more sense to me, would be for the selection to go in decreasing width order.  Paul  M0CVX
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

A no-win situation Paul ????  what if you are already starting from the lowest programmed selection?  What if you are starting from the highest programmed selection?  From the middle filter width then the button needs to determine if the operator wants a wider or narrower filter.    what to do....    Regards

Larry  K1UO.

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Either way to me this is a win.
    If I can eliminate the WIDE filters that is great.
    In CW wouldn't want any wider than 500hz anyway.

So Mack thanks for the great info...!

Clay N9IO

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Clay, but for me the problem remains.....when you select filters in Maestro by button presses, the width increases...aargh...wrong way round!
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mac,   That is great,  We can custom only the 1,2, or 3 we want....
    Great Tip..

Ken  W9IE
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2019
    Everyone wants a little bit different thing. I personally would like a normalize button. I could select the filter I wanted, tune as needed for a contact and then hold the knob to "Normalize" (Default) the filter.

Perhaps someday changes will be made or custom programming etc but for now the long press on the vfo isn't that awkward to select the filter you want.

Something to keep in mind is only the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So It depends on how squeaky it Is what attention it gets. I for one enjoy how active FRS is in here. Try sending an email to the big 3 on a recommendation on changes, its probably a lot harder to get it done than an issue that we may have.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the comment Steve. Though I don't think I'm asking for 'different' functionality...what I'm saying is that when selecting bandwidth choices by knob presses (current functionality), it makes more sense for the BW values to decrease not increase. I'd really like FRS to comment... Paul M0CVX
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Bumping this up in the hope that Tim or Chris will view it and add their thoughts..... Thanks. Paul M0CVX
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Perhaps in software, change is possible, and even likely, the hard part is waiting patiently while the hard work is done to make the change. I'm not sure which is harder, but I'm pretty sure which is free.

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.