Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Randomly Restarting

2»

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The bandwidth assumption does not hold water.

The issue as best as I can tell may be a port level negotiation issue (mismatch) between the Maestro GigE interface and the GigE switch.  Since most of these switches are unmanaged, we have no visibility into the port parameters or stats. As it has been noted numerous times on the Community, some GigE switches work just fine (my Cisco SG-200 is one of them) and others do not.  100BaseT uses a different (and simpler) port negotiation protocol and for whatever reason seems to operate with fewer issues.  I suspect that part of it has to do with the chipsets used for 100BaseT have had more time to refine their feature set functions and interoperate better.  This is conjecture on my part.

And bandwidth has NOTHING to do with it.  The Maestro consumes a modest amount network bandwidth and sends out even less.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Modest amount of bandwidth is being modest Tim, it is less than that.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I know. I was covering my bases ;-)  It is a little over 2 MB/s
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited November 2016
    No, I don't keep a battery in the Maestro unless I need and at home I have not needed it. I take it where I plan on using it powered off, then plug in the Flex supplied AC adapter and power it up.
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did anyone submit a trouble ticket?  This exact problem happend to me twice.  I am simply listening to a QSO, not fussing with knobs.    Brian, W9HLQ
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Another test would be to put a cat 5 cable between the Maestro and the Flex...
    In so doing there is not another device in the Mix......

Just a thought.

Ken   W9IE
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    No, I haven't yet. I think I have the same issue with SmartSDR on my PC. Every so often SmartSDR quits and says it has lost connection with the radio.

I haven't been on the air too much recently with the Maestro. I didn't want to turn in a ticket until I've tried some of the suggestions here.

73 Chris AK4SK
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have made an interesting observation about this issue. For the last two days or so I've left my radio on scanning ALE channels. During that time this issue has not occurred once. There was one instance where I received an error message on the Maestro but it was a different issue.

Maybe the ALE software constantly changing the frequency is keeping the radio occupied and keeping it from crashing? So maybe the firmware is crashing due to inactivity from the client or something like that?

73 Chris AK4SK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.