maestro radio discovery

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
The Maestro has a different boot sequence with release 1.9.9. After the upgrade, Maestro connects immediately to my 6500 without going through the "select available radio" and select software version pages. 

All is working FB and it's a simplified startup sequence, but I just ordered my second 6500 this morning and I will want to be able to switch between radios using the Maestro.

How will I be able to select which radio to connect to from the Maestro?

K9SO
Photo of K9SO

K9SO

• 94 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Winston VK7WH

Winston VK7WH

• 318 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
As I understand it Fred, the new Maestro will revert to the previous boot up sequence once it detects another 6000 series radio on the network, allowing you to select which radio you wish to connect to, or change the radio you are currently using.

I'm pretty sure the procedure is detailed in Tim's posting announcing the release of ver 1.9.9 and also in the accompanying release notes.

Congratulations on your second Flex 6500

Winston
(Edited)
Photo of K9SO

K9SO

• 94 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thank you Winston. I am looking forward to double the fun.

Fred
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
Official Response
If you have multiple 6000s on the network and the previously used 6000 is still on the network, you will need to reset the network connection  in order to have the Radio Chooser presented.  You do this by Selecting the Menu->Network menu option taping the WiFi Settings button.  This will disconnect your network connection.
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 903 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
hmmm..  I am running latest version  but Maestro goes thru the complete connect routine rather than directly to the 6500.  Is there a setting to have Maestro go direct connect to the radio?

_..--
k3Tim
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
There is no setting; it does this automatically.

Photo of K9SO

K9SO

• 94 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Thanks for the tip Tim. That worked and took me back to the radio selection menu.  6500 #2 shipped out of Austin today.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.