Maestro QSK mystery

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Well, a mystery to me. I am a new Flex user with a 6600 and Maestro.  At one point the QSK annunciator was lit for 80/40/30 and 20 where I'm currently operating. Now, it's on for 80, but off on the other three bands. I don't know what might have done to change things, or how to change them back. I've checked on 80 and there is no relay noise when I send, as I would expect. There is relay noise on 40/30/20, again, as I would expect given the lack of QSK annunciator. Under Menu / Phone-CW, Breakin is Enabled. Under the TX menu on all of these bands, Delay is set to 0.

I wouldn't think it would factor into things, but I have an EFHW-8010 on Ant1 and Vertical on Ant2 and am using Diversity reception on all four bands. I'm also having issues with Persistence in switching between these four bands, but I think that's a separate issue (or not). 

What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance,
Ken WC6Y
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of W7NGA

W7NGA

• 446 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Ken, there is a bug in the handling of QSK and interactions with the ATU. Deselect ATU. You might have to select a different slice and then enable TX on the target slice to enable QSK once again.

(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you, a mystery no longer. Operates just as you describe. Using the ATU immediately halts QSK.

Is there a published list of known bugs for the Maestro that I could consult? Do you know how old this bug is and whether there is a repair ETA?

Thank you for your Insights!
Ken
Photo of Tom K3TF

Tom K3TF

• 71 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I think this bug just started with the last software upgrade. Another "trick" I found that works is if the QSK is off then first make sure ATU is off, then click the red Ant 2, then click the red Ant 1 and the QSK will stay on util the next time you turn on the ATU. 

I am hoping they will put it back the way it used to be on the next software release.