maestro Power supply ?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I have just got my maestro back of my friend,but he has put 2 power supply in the box,and I cannt for the life of me remember which one it is,the first one is a liteon output 12v@4.16a and the second one is a mw mean well at 12v@2.08a,could someone please tell me which one to use,I donnt want to cook my maestro.thank you
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 302 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 781 Posts
  • 266 Reply Likes
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 778 Posts
  • 160 Reply Likes
As long as the voltage is correct and the MINIMUM current is adhered to you will be fine.
The 2.08Amp supply is the one that FLEX supplies with the Maestro but I have had several Audio reports of a "FAN" noise when I use the radio with the original FLEX power supply using the Maestro. 
If you want to protect the Maestro better then put a 2 AMP inline fuse in the power cord and use what ever 10 to 15 Volt DC power source you have as long as it is quite as far as RFI noise goes and at least 2 AMP's of current. 

73's
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 302 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thank you for your reply,will try the one supplied by flex,and if there is a problem with noise I will use the other one with as you say a 2 amp fuse inline,thanks again Tony M6dyr
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3549 Reply Likes
Official Response
Use the MW one that is rated at 12v@2.08a