Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro on the way!

13»

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    YEAH!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    "SCORE!" LOL  Congrats Steve, to your whole team.   W7GZR...hope to join you tomorrow when mine shows up.

• N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Delivered Thursday morning May 5th!

Since he didn't remove his tracking number.  But nothing says that shipment was actually a Maestro, it could have been anything else that would weigh in at 8lbs!!

Steve G./N4TTY
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LOL
    Grats!
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    That was #1!  Who is going to keep a log so we can see how many get shipped daily, weekly, monthly, and so can see where we were on the delivery train?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That is a huge box!
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It's not open, how do we know it is a Maestro?
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve you are very intelligent but to simplify he is paying $150 more to get it overnight rather than wait 3-4 days. To what end, really? If one wants to do that why not donate to a charity when there will be a real benefit? Plus it looks like Flex is being deliberate with their shipping and it isn't running out the door.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    BBT is supposed to here with mine Monday afternoon.

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

And what if it is $150?

Why not donate it to charity?  How about for starters because it was his money to spend however he wishes! 

Not our call to make! 

You can make that choice yourself with your own funds, but not for someone else.

(BTW suggestions I favor are the Handihams folks and the communications side of JAARS, if you need donation ideas.  I have other suggestions if you need more.)

YMMV on upgraded services like Overnight, but you cannot apply your value set publicly in judgment on others. 

Regardless how noble your alternative ways to spend the surcharge are, it was never your choice to make, it wasn't yours to judge, the money is spent, the expedited delivery completed, and I expect he is on the air having a blast while you fret about his finances.  

Did you see the smile on that ham holding his delivery?  Pretty awesome. 

Steve K9ZW

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Burt, do you have any idea how many electrons along the internet you are inconveniencing with your electronic posts?  Its really quite alarming.  Shouldn't we more caring about their plight?

"If it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg, what is it to me?" -- Thomas Jefferson
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad he finally got it.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    I'm glad he finally got it.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Can you post some pics of the box - good ones ? Really keen to see a production unit  :) Good on first feedback - really happy to hear - I might see mine by end of next week once its through the mail system to NZ :)
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

This box is long and narrow. The Maestro fits in vertically. If you didn't order accessories it maybe shorter.

Jim

ka7gzr

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

YEA BABY!  it's on the way!

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

@Burt

You had fallen off my Curmudgeon of the Year Award 2015 List (won again by Dennis N6KI) but I see that you are trying hard to get back on my list for 2016....

I know you love to get a rise out of people with irrelevancies but there are so many more positive ways to do it that telling others what choices they should make...

• Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Just got mine today as well.  Ordered early morning of 5/15/2015.

- Very easy setup.
    - Works great so far.
    - Love the look and feel.

Very pleased :-)

73 de AE5XN
    imageimage
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    very cool - how do those 'VFO' knobs feel ? nice n weighty?
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yes, they have a very nice, weighted feel.  You can tell they paid a lot of attention to that very detail.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    awesome .. I shall look forward to some youtube videos ... now its T&T **** till next week :)

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    How can I be the Curmudgeon of the Year Award when I love reading the posts about the joyous hams that have waited patiently to receive their Maestros? (and the one that paid an additional $150 for quicker gratification).
    And to Steve yes he can spend his money however he wishes but he made a public post and I am not allowed an opinion? Sadly we live in a society of NOW, NOW and that bothers me, on the other hand I express my opinion that I love seeing the joy of those posts of hams that are relishing their new "toy." (actually far more than a toy, a technical marvel). Post more pictures, make videos, I read them all.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Burt your posts on this topic entertain me, On one hand you apprecieate the product and on the other you are clearly not in favor of people trying to take a couple of days off of close to a year of waiting for something.
    I don't totally disagree on people wanting "Instant gratification" but i would say this isn't a case of that. And you as well as everyone else are certainly entitled to an opinion.
    I type this light heatedly so please dont take it as a dig against you.
    De, N9SKM
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Sweet i ordered in july so i guess we will see how long until i get my invoice.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

@Burt

I said you were trying to get back into the running for Curmudgeon of the Year 2016 but usually my friends like Dennis N6KI or Mitch K6BK or Paul NN6X easily beat you out for the top three places on my annual list...

By comparison, you are sweet and cuddly...

Instant Gratification..  Most of the people on this Community are collecting Social Security.. Instant Gratification may not be soon enough for the time we have left to accomplish everything on our bucket lists.... so you should not begrudge the fact that people send a few shekels to get things sooner... I know I usually do.... 

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    this is really exciting to see!  awesome.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I get that our time is limited and even though I could afford almost any car made I choose to drive a Prius. So you can see why spending $150 to get it a few days early bothers me. I can afford the Maestro at $1200 but won't buy one until the price goes back to $999, which is as likely as me getting a job at the ARRL. 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I'll bite.....

UPS has 444,000 employees, I think it is great that OP cares about the well being of so many by keeping their industry and business profitable.

Maybe we should all order overnight delivery!!

Do you  know how much of your $1 donation really goes to the cause of a charity?? Besides Red Cross that has very little overhead (about %5) many "charities" spend over 30% of that dollar on themselves, and that is reputable charities.... not the large number of scam charities. Some more info (http://charity.lovetoknow.com/What_Percentage_of_Donations_Go_to_Charity)

And when you donate.... do you deduct it from your taxes?? Because that is very unfortunate that you should deduct money that can go to the general **** that pays for roads, bridges, schools, defense.... etc...

Point of all of this... if someone else's use of their hard earned $$ bothers you, the best course of action is to keep it to yourself. We can all come up with logical reasons where money could be "better" spent.... but do that with your money... not mine.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Since psychology discussions of instant gratification are probably best suited for a different community, I am inclined to close this topic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.