Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro not working with wifi

Options
2»

Comments

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No luck at either house getting the Maestro to run on WIFI. It connects to the wireless network, sees the radio, select the software and then nothing. Connect up the CAT Cable and it connects just fine. Just curious as to why 7 different wireless devices connect fine but not the Maestro? Is it really this hard? I've set up networks and have trouble shot connection issues in the past but this one has me baffled. I have to use Googles equipment at the one house, but own all the network gear at the Time Warner location. I will keep trying to find a workaround but without WIFI I am not mobile to move outside.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Have you tried different security for wifi? Even no security for testing purposes? I wonder what wifi chipset/manufacturer was selected for the maestro. Maybe the current drivers are not ideal and we need an updated version... It is a Windows machine after all.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Suggest you open a helpdesk ticket

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Salvador, thanks for your suggestions. Dumping every possible setup snag I can in the router settings to try and **** the code. hate to buy another router, the one is only 4 months old and by all counts was the top model on the market.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. First one I have ever needed to open.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Going out on a limb here but doesn't the router have to forward UDP packets? My impression is this is what makes the SDR perform differently than other devices on the WiFi. So far I've avoided all this 'fun' stuff by having one computer to 6500 port dedicated. The 'fun' begins zoom...
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Does AP mode only allow one wireless device at a time and do all wireless routers have this feature ? Also since all providers are not created equal, perhaps a running list of highly recommended providers would prevent many in the community from reinventing the wheel.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mike, no AP mode is just the wireless Access piece without the router part.  They have AP's that have no router, but also most routers have an AP mode that disables the onboard router.  In my case I actually plugged in a separate device with the router disabled effectively creating a second 5gig hotspot on the lan in my shack.  It creates a wireless bridge into the network. 

It can be a bit confusing as many router/access points have something called AP isolation mode.  this prevents the clients from seeing each other on the wireless but allows them access to the router.(usually used in public hot spots to prevent badness).

As far as the routers, it will need to be fairly granular to be effective, I noticed not even all vendors equipment is created equal.. for example certain ASUS routers are better than others. 

That being said a list of known good specific model numbers folks have been successful with is not a bad idea.. 
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

802.11N modes •Wider, 40MHz channels (instead of 20MHz like a/b/g)
    802.11AC Even wider channels (80 and 160MHz)
    Might look around the new router channel bandwidth settings.
    And I have found mixed-mode can be the devil on speeds and thru-put.

73 Jeff

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In AP mode, the firewall and router funstions are turned off freeing up the CPU for packet processing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It is OPUS.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I hate it when auto correct changes DAXIQ to DAIQUIRI
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The router has to stream UDP (specifically the VITA-49 data).  Some routers do not stream well as they expect to buffer data for apps like audio and videos.  The SmartSDR clients do not buffer data.
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Chris, lot's of pitfalls in networking and a lot of us are using subnets etc. seems like a brief tutorial or reference to same might be in order. I suspect a lot of folks have a real mix of devices these days - multiple servers, clients, subnets etc with opportunities for issues.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Since Burch's problem has been resolved, I am inclined to close this post.  Thanks for all the help from the Community.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.