Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro not seeing radio

kr4k
kr4k Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Maestro set up and "connected" to my WiFi LAN. There is only one subnet. My laptop running SmartSDR 1.7.30 sees the 6700, and the K6TU on my iPad sees the 6700. However, the Maestro does not show a radio in the "Select Radio" windows.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Can you check your router and be sure that it has been allocated an I/P address?
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Make sure you are not running SDR on your PC. Jim ka7gzr
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Make sure your wifi isn't doing client isolation.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Maestro will still see the radio, just like with SmartSDR, but you won't be able to connect in this situation.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Gus, if you're able to make it work with wired, you can look in the Network menu by pressing MENU and then Network and it will have some info about the wireless MAC/IP/etc that might be useful in diagnosis.
  • kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Figure shows when wired and wireless connected. Works fine.image

Figure shows immediately after pulling wired network.

Figure shows a few seconds later:

From Vigor 2925 router DHCP table showing Maestro
    7         192.168.13.16       00-1C-2D-03-00-D6   23:42:30       Maestro
    19        192.168.13.28       90-59-AF-56-6E-5C   19:58:04                  
    24        192.168.13.33       88-12-4E-15-D4-E7   23:39:51       Maestro

There is only one subnet, and all other WiFi LAN devices working properly. Connected to radio just fine using Win10 running in Parallels on MacBookPro via WiFi, and K6TU working properly on iPad via WiFi.

Thoughts?

73/gus
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    try restarting your 6300 with the maestro radio chooser window open..  see if it pops up...
  • kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    1. Held power button down several seconds until I got the Win10 "slide down to power off". Powered back on and the everything connected to radio and worked fine.
    2. When I do a short button power down where I see "Please Wait" on the screen, and a power back up, Maestro fails to see the radio, but shows WiFi connected as before.
    3. When I did the several seconds button down power off again, and a full restart, I was able to connect to the radio again.

So my WiFi connection appears to have something to do with the Maestro power up. Will continue trying combinations and document with photos.

73/gus
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    We had some weird connection stuff like that during one of the early alphas but haven't seen this behavior.  glad your connected!
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    As Chris said, we had seen some weird and very unique connections like yours. Not many, but a couple. If you can recreate the problem each and every time, let the support team know. I can attest to the fact that the Flex coding team was amazing at solving some very weird problems. Glad you are online. Mine has been solid on the VPN tunnel (the one that Chris documented).
  • kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    The problem continues. Four times I have the exact same symptoms. In all four cases, my laptop (WiFi), my K6TU iPad (WiFi), and my wired desktop see the 6700. 

Router: DrayTek Vigor2925, router shows Maestro and Flex in DHCP table, only one subnet
    WAP: Apple Airport Extreme
    Number of WiFi connected devices: 11
    All devices on WAN working as expected.

Tried the hard Maestro reboot 5 times this morning. To get Maestro to see it, I had to reboot the 6700. Rebooted radio leaving Maestro in Select Radio Window - it worked.

Once rebooted, performance is as expected.

73/gus
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    edited February 2018
    HELP! Trying out a new (pre-owned) Flex6700 - works fine with a PC - I have the Maestro (just received today -also used) and it won't see the Flex. It just sits there with no radio populating it. Tried rebooting to no avail.

• Gary
    Gary Member
    edited December 2016
    this is a direct connection from the Maestro to the radio - no LAN

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Will it work if you have the radio and the Maestro on a router with a DHCP server? Are you able to test that? mike va3mw
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    edited December 2016

haven't tried yet - that was the next plan ... however I'd still like to know why it isn't seeing the radio when connected direct. Note I connected to the Wifi - not sure if that then only looks for radios over Wifi ... the only network symbol that showed before I connected via WiFI had the little red X by it and said no networks available...

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Many have better results with a router between the computer and the radio.
  • Gary
    Gary Member
    edited December 2016
    Nothing worked - router, switch, direct... finally I did a reset of the Maestro and that did it. WHY I had to do a reset is beyond me. Reminds me a bit of the Flex5000 days ... anyway for now its up and running ... I'm A/B testing to my FTdx5000 in receive.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The problem reported is not the same as the original post as the noted fix did not solve the problem Please reference the new conversation here: Cannot get my 6700 to connect

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.