Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro new data sheet and Quick Start Guide

Comments

• Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Good spot, Chris!  And early enough for us Europeans to download it before the sun rises in the US  ;-)  Chuss!
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Can anyone comment on these questions that don't seem to be covered:

1. Is there a TX EQ in Maestro?
    2. What functions can F1-F6 be mapped to?

Thanks & 73,
    Barry N1EU
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    What are the changes of this download of Maestro in comparison to the one previously issued as version 1 dated May 14, 2015? 
    After looking at the second Datasheet the only different I am seeing is that it is dated April 13, 2016; and no revision version number.
    After looking into this further. 
    Flex has added a Maestro Quick Start Guide version 1.0 on the next download.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Barry, that's a Quick Start Guide. A user manual will also come - i hope :-)

... but real Ham's don't read the manual - only in case all is wrong and not working. But never b4 !!
  • Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    The exception to that rule being when they have the manual but not the hardware of course!
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    IMHO, we need an updated video showing all the features.  

And fwiw, I see no evidence of TX EQ on Maestro.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, your right :-)
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Other than the bare basics to get a "Quick Start" I'd guess you will need to wait for the full manuals (Hardware & Software SmartSDR 1.7.xx) to have the feature set enumerated.

Wonder if the QSG is as much a place to put all the regulatory boilerplate a product really should ship with as anything else?

Steve

K9ZW

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It has both TX and RX EQ in the menu.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The operating manual will be available when shipment starts.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    #1 - yes
    #2 - split, Send CW, Set Mode, Toggle FDX, Toggle TNF, Toggle APF, Toggle ANF, Toggle NR, Toggle NB, and Toggle WNB,
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Images were updated
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank You for the Quick Start Guide. It appears to be nicely done and quite readable and very usable on a computer screen. However the format of the printed version is such that it is not convenient to use. The print is too small, while ~2/3 of each page is totally wasted in white space. Duh! (What is wrong with this picture?)

Oh, yes, I have 20/20 corrected and all that, and FLEX is far from alone in this manual formatting problem. But as a charter member of the RTFM club it seems important to make actually using a manual as painless as possible. To require a magnify glass in order to comfortably read the tiny print and the Maestro screens in the paper version does not pass that test. A simple 90 degree rotation of these pages and printing the interior contents of the manual in Landscape mode would seem to alleviate the problem.

For Your Consideration...

-Dave
  • George Fenwick
    edited December 2016
    Not sure what your problem is, Dave. I printed in Landscape mode and it is easily readable! No excess white space here!
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, George. That is what I've done here (as with other FLEX manuals over the years.) Only about half the white space is wasted this way. <GGG>. But it does reduce the squinting some.

I was thinking more along the lines of adjusting the design at the source for MAXIMUM READABILITY as in USABILITY to encourage use of the Manual and reduce unnecessary inquiries. Of course if Form is more important than Function then that won't work.

Or maybe just put a note in the manual (in LARGE PRINT of course) that says "If you really want to use a printed copy of this manual ignore the factory print defaults and just do your own thing".  <GGG>.

-Dave

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ... and now, docu  Fixed Angle Stand and Tilt Hinged Feet exist for download

http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tile Hinged Feet typo/copy paste warning.  Page 3 "with the three arrows" - There are 4 arrows, the three screws are for the fixed angle stand.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Good catch.  Thanks for the editing assistance.  I'll update the doc shortly.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    NP Tim, does that mean my Maestro hinged feet are on the house? ;-)
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ohh now I am excited!

QSG and install guides ... must be getting close to release!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    They work best on the Maestro ;-)
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    from a comment of Tim: We anticipate beginning Maestro shipments in mid-April barring any unforeseen issues with the remaining software development for the initial release of SmartSDR for Maestro.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We are still smoothing up some of the rough edges on the software.  We are getting closer every day.  It should not be too long before we start production shipments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.