Maestro, N1MM and monitoring of N1MM Function macros...

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Was finally able, thanks to various inputs from the many Community contributors, to get N1MM+, Maestro and CW Skimmer all talking nicely together.  There is one thing I cannot seem to be able to do and that is monitor what is being sent when I use the various N1MM+  cw function keys.  I see the 6700 being keyed fine via the N1MM macros but I cant hear a thing for cw sidetone.    Is this just a problem with my setup or is there a workaround needed to be able to monitor the N1MM+  cw macro keying?
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 880 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of John, G3WKL

John, G3WKL

• 40 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Larry,  you should get the N1MM+ CW sidetone from the power speaker or headphone sockets on the Flex.  As I have the Maestro and Flex next to each other, I plug in the paddle to the Flex to complete the arrangement for CW sidetone.

I'm really enjoying my Flex & Maestro, and find this forum of great interest and help.  Thanks FR and fellow users!

73 John
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 880 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks John,  Plugging into the Flex6700 is not an option as I connect to it via VPN.  It is about 8 miles away.    Not sure how to hear the N1MM sidetone to monitor what is being sent from the contest function keys.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3550 Reply Likes
Not (currently) possible.  Sidetone is generated at the device which is keying the radio.  If you are using N1MM + the Winkeyer emulation, then the software inside the radio is doing the keying, not the Maestro or the PC running N1MM.  The only way to get sidetone remotely from Maestro is to key the radio directly using the internal hardware Winkeyer.
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 880 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes

Aha...    I was not sure if it was possible or just a case of having something set wrong. It is a bit disconcerting seeing the TX keying but not entirely sure of what is sounds like...i.e. missing the first character or running multiple functions together spaced properly.

Thanks Tim.

(Edited)
Photo of Mike Kasrich

Mike Kasrich

• 16 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This is my problem and apparently I'm too dense to understand the answer. How do I turn this on? I want all my cw tones (paddles and N1MM+) coming from one device, the Maestro.
Photo of rjguidrysr

rjguidrysr

• 98 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Read as of now not possible. Wish list for now.