Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Mic Selection Menu

G4NRT
G4NRT Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
When selecting the TX Menu on the Maestro, the Mic Selection menu appears on the left side.  I think I can guess what the various options are but I am unable to find them defined in either the SSDR or the Maestro manuals (they may be there and I have missed them!).

Can someone give me definitive list of what they refer to or, better still, a page number in the Maestro manual? For example, is M-MIC1 the RJ45 or the 3.5mm jack on the Maestro?   

David G4NRT

Answers

• GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi David, Mine is labelled on the back of the maestro. rj45 is Mic 1, mic 2 is the 3.5 mm jack.
    There is a diagram on page 13 of the Maestro user manual.
    Cheers
    Paul
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Yes, M-Mic1 is the Maestro RJ-45.

M-Mic2 is the 3.5 TRS with tip mic+ and shell mic-. The ring is a PTT connection.

R stands for radio connections. More detail on pinouts is in the Maestro user guide starting on page 16. http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/maestro-user-guide-pdf/

Dave wo2x

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My thanks to those who replied.  I know about the Maestro connections and I know about the pinouts for the various Maestro mic connectors etc. They are easy to find.  

My question was actually a bit wider-ranging.  I had to work out for myself that the M-* entries refer to the Maestro and that the R-* entries refer to the radio.  

What I was asking was where they are documented.  I think I didn't phrase my original question very well!

I shouldn't have had to work out that R-BAL refers to the balanced mic input on the 6x00.  Have I missed a page in one of the manuals or is it not actually listed, in which case perhaps the next revision of the manuals should have the table added to page 61 in the Maestro User Guide.

David G4NRT

• Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Agree entirely.  I spent about a half-hour trying to find our what R-MIC meant.  Thanks for posting this explanation. I was about ready to give up until I saw your post. Like you, if if's somewhere in the v. 2.3.9 manual, I missed it.  I have a problem, where my Maestro keeps switching on its own from M-MIC2 to to R-MIC.  I'm using the MIC2 connection on the back of the Maestro. 

I also have another problem that I'm going to post a new thread on if I can't find a solution: for some reason no matter what mic I try I have to turn Mic Gain up to 100 to get 100 watts out of the 6600M.  I don't think that this is the way it's suppose to be.  It's very strange, but it's not a linear scale.  There's like 5 watts out until it gets to about 90 and then it starts jumping up in quantum fashion.  It must get to 100 in Mic Gain before I'm putting out 100 watts through the rig.  Very strange, indeed.  73 de Carl N8VZ
  • Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited March 2021

This is covered on page 178 of the Maestro User Guide.

Maestro User Guide v3.x – FlexRadio

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Ken for posting the link , I am off to read it now . I am guessing that the R-MIc Options are for those using a Maestro with the radio next to it ?

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.