Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

maestro locked up in Xmit is there a master reset

Verne Eastwood K4VAE
Verne Eastwood K4VAE Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Maestro
Received and was loving the Maestro.  After about 28 hrs of running my 6700 the maestro went into Transmit and locked up.  I did not key the unit and had to manually shut everything down.  Now when I power up the Maestro it is locked in Transmit with the MOX button glowing red.  Maestro is not responsive to any control function including the on off switch.  The 6700 works fine when connected to PC and SSDR 1.7.30.

Am I missing something?

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Verne, press and hold the power button until the bottom Half of the screen turns blue. Then swipe down. That causes a hard reboot of the maestro. Let me know if that works. Mack W4AX Alpha team
  • Verne Eastwood K4VAE
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Mack,

No that does not work.   I hold the power button down and have black screen, the small white timer spinning then unit shuts off while still holding the power button.

Verne
    K4VAE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Verne,

Do this.  Disconnect all cables except DC power (don't run off the battery)
    Press and hold the power button on top for a full 15 seconds.  This will do a forced powerdown as opposed to the forced shut down recommended by Mack.

Let me know if this worked or not.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Verne,

Try this. Start SmartSDR, back up your profiles, shut down SmartSDR, Factory reset the radio (press the round button in the middle of the four arrows, press and release the power button, when you see resetting to factory defaults release the round button). Try with your Maestro now. 

Mack
    W4AX
  • Verne Eastwood K4VAE
    edited March 2017
    Ok Gentlemen;

Thank you Mack and Thank you Tim.

Tim I read your post first.  This seems to have gotten things back to where they should be.  I will set up and start playing again later tonight and hopefully no problems.  For the record I was on AC power but had the Polanfo battery pack installed.  Battery was at full charge when installed and I had not run the Maestro off the battery pack.

Thanks for the help and extremely fast response.

Verne
    K4VAE
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I have a question.  Were you actually transmitting when the Maestro locked up?  I could not tell for certain from your description.
  • Verne Eastwood K4VAE
    edited May 2016
    No Tim I was not transmitting and in fact there was nothing hooked up to the Maestro.  No mike, no PTT switch, no key.  Unit was sitting on livingroom table just receiving while I did my best plumber routine in the laundry room.   Yes, I got a Maestro.  The wife has a new washer and dryer.  Even trade I would say!

Verne
    K4VAE
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Interesting.  Obviously, it should not crash like that spontaneously. If this happens again, please open a HelpDesk ticket so that we can investigate in more detail.  I may miss a Community post, especially with Dayton next week. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.