Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro knob problem

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Unbalanced Maestro Tuning Knob. Completed the knob fix in about 5 minutes. What a difference in its operation. Thanks Flex for another great customer service event.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I find your statement very confusing. Did Flex fix the unbalanced knob or did they supply you with the information to adjust the balance of the knob?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Fill us in on your knob fix Bob.  What was involved?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Pull the rubber  tire off, loosen the knob set ****, remove the knob, flip it over put the supplied nut in the hole. Tape it down with the supplied tape. Reinstall and enjoy a balanced knob. All tools are supplied. Total time less than five minutes.
  • Ric KV1W
    Ric KV1W Member
    edited April 2018

Bob,

Thanks for the details. I have been fighting this for over a year and was thinking there must be a friction adjustment. Once I realized it was balance, easily solved with junk box items.

Ric

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I just recently installed this as well.  Didn't realize how much the unbalanced knob was bothering me until I fixed it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.