Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro key, mic and phones connections

Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Maestro
This is surely a dumb question.  I plan on simply using my Maestro as a stationary front panel for my 6500.  Can I just keep my key, mic and headphones plugged into my 6500 or am I going to have to plug them all into Maestro instead?  

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

Answers

• KD7CAO
    KD7CAO Member
    edited June 2017
    In my testing I can not transmit using the microphones connected to the Flex 6700. I have to switch over to the Maestro. Note, I do not currently have the computer connected to the 6700. 
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Wow, I think that is different to a comment made by FRS in the past - I felt sure I'd read that you could use Maestro but have headphones, key, Mic connected to the 6x00
  • KD7CAO
    KD7CAO Member
    edited May 2016
    I would also state that I am running the beta firmware on my unit so that could have a bit to do with it too. I know there are a lot of things that are not fully operational and it could be due to a setting or grayed out option at this time.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Barry,
       Yes, when using Maestro, you can continue to use all of your existing radio connections for Mic Key, Speaker..  Just need to have it properly selected in Maestro..

AL, K0VM
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, that's a huge relief.  And I assume we can add PTT input as well to that list.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yes, correct also for PTT. I normally operate the Maestro in that manner. You going to LOVE IT! I rarely start SmartSDR.

Mack
    W4AX
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    And sir, it is not a dumb question!
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I think it is important to add to this thread for clarity that the Flex 6000 series only supports 1 client at a time, and using the maestro buttons and knobs with SSDR for Windows is not part of the initial feature set(although a top 10 feature request).  So if you run SSDR maestro knobs will not function.  you will still need your flex control for that... for now.   Over the last several months I have found myself using SSDR for win much less often as the Maestro Knobs and buttons are sooooo convenient and nice.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Blasphemy . Heretic I say : )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.