Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro keeps downgrading my 6500 back to v.1.7.30 from V.1.8.30

Rob Laws
Rob Laws Member
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Every time I update to new 1.8.3 Smart SDR on the 6500, when I turn on Maestro, the only way it will run is to run the V 1.7.30 update on Maestro which takes the 6500 backwards. UGH.  The 1.8.30 file to download on Maestro won't download as it has serious bugs in it.  So why won't Flex send all Maestro owners an email to tell them of this problem?
So now I have to run the 6500 on version 1.7.30 if I want to use Maestro.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Well there is an issue with the 1.8.3 for maestro and it can't be used. It is doing what it is supposed to do. Just run 1.7.30
  • Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited July 2016
    My Flex 6500 and Maestro have worked flawlessly with each of the three software updates. I did work a few CW contacts in the IARU this last weekend and enjoyed the operation. No issues were uncovered that prevented me from proper operation. My PC is very dedicated, I do not have any extra programs and my operating system remains Win 7 Pro.
  • Rob Laws
    Rob Laws Member
    edited July 2016
    Latest reply from Flex:

We have removed the ability to download SmartSDR v1.8.3 for Maestro due to a software defect that can possibly render your Maestro inoperable and require it to be returned to FlexRadio in order to correct the issue. We placed a message to this effect on our Community (https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/issue-with-maestro-v1-8-update)

Therefore, the behavior you are experiencing is not a problem, per se. We are working on a fix and will be releasing a new version of SmartSDR for Windows and SmartSDR for Maestro once we have the Maestro defect corrected. This is our highest priority issue to address. So for the time being, you will have to downgrade the radio's firmware when using the Maestro. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Tim Ellison, W4TME:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.