Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro issues Mic2

Barry Young
Barry Young Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Newbie. Here...When I push the MOX and begin to talk on the Maestro, I can see a slight increase on the spectrum analyzer, but Nothing is registering on any of the TX meters. I am using a standard PC headset plugged into Mic2 and phones. Is the PC headset mic compatible with the Mic2 port? Or do I need some kind of adapter to the Mic1 RJ45 jack? Any ideas?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Are you using a headset with the tip and 3 rings? . . . If so you need an adapter to split the headset and the mic audio. They're about $6.00 on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/KingTop-Headset-Splitter-Computer-Version/dp/B01I3A47KM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530369697&sr=8-3&keywords=computer+headset+adapter
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It is going through an audio splitter. I had it hooked up to the PC that was driving the radio before configuring the Maestro, and it worked just fine. Mic2 is also enabled. Thanks!
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    OK I read a post on pushing the mic button to select the mic input. Better on the spectrum analyzer, but still nothing registering on the TX meters PO, SWR etc. I am getting meter activity on level and compression meters Ideas?
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Both the headphone and mic plugs must be tip ring sleeve then you must select a mic profile and you must select Mic 2. You can do that by pressing in the mic level knob.
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Steve,

For a standard PC headset, what profile do you select?
    Currently it is set at the *Default.
    Also when I hit the MOX, and talk in the Mic, the TX line on the spectrum graph seems to modulate fine. I connected a power/SWR meter between transmitter and antenna, and the meter is not registering at all.

I just purchased a Yamaha CM 500 headset that one of the forum posts recommended. I am hoping someone will offer some guidance.

Thanks
  • EC5W
    EC5W Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I have similar problem, tested with old iPhone phones with splitter, using standard pc headset with two rings, using computer normal microphone and making special cable with ptt. I can transmit but with hard noise in all cases. I have maestro from Santa 3 weeks and no luck to make one qso.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.