Maestro is Shipping! - Photos

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
We know how eager so many of you are to get your hands on your new Maestro.  Today was truly all hands on deck as final software is loaded, accessories kitted, Maestros boxed, boxes sealed, labels printed and applied, and the UPS truck loaded.  Even the engineers were glad to quit coding, take a brain break, and just load software.  They said if they weren't loading software they would have been out playing miniature golf.  

We took over the conference room, the scrum room, the lab and even the hallways.  Many more are on the way from the factory next door to our dock for final processing.  It will take several weeks to work through the backlog but we are cranking out a lot of units.  Starting next week the factory will load final software so we don't have to touch them again here other than to add the accessories and attach labels.

I want to sincerely thank the FlexRadio team and our beta test group who have worked tirelessly to make Maestro a ground breaking product.  Thanks to all of you who pre-ordered for your patience while we put on the finishing touches and get them out to you.  

We truly hope you enjoy your new Maestro.

73, from the FlexRadio team

5/4/2016 DAY ONE....

Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 831 Posts
  • 1522 Reply Likes
  • Thankful!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 539 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Very exciting news.  Great job.  I look forward to enjoying the fruits of your team's labor.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 822 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Me thinks that UPS driver needs a bigger truck!!!
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
I can only imagine what he said when he pulled up to the loading dock.
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 822 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Oh S&#$ I need a semi today.
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 539 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
I think the UPS driver said something similar to what the Ghost Buster, Prof. Peter Venkman said when he saw the 200 foot tall Stay Puft Marshmallow Man:  "Mother Puss Bucket!"
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1282 Posts
  • 486 Reply Likes
Please this would be totally unimpressive to UPS, Flex is not Amazon. I don't minimize the joy of the customers but The world does not revolve around Maestro. Enjoy your quality product in any event.
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 831 Posts
  • 1522 Reply Likes
No Burt, the world does not revolve around you, me, Maestro, FlexRadio or anyone else. There are far greater thingsin life that truly matter. Carpe Diem.
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1282 Posts
  • 486 Reply Likes
I really enjoy reading how happy you have made people, having seen it "in person" their joy will not be without cause. At the deposit price they got quite a deal and I am guessing the regular price isn't bad either. I have not seen such excitement over ham radio equipment!
Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Cor bimey! People buy a box without knobs then wet themselves when an add-on box with knobs is made available. You could not make this up, LOL (in deference to Burt).
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1607 Posts
  • 783 Reply Likes

"Add-On Box with Knobs" is weak.  That is taking poetic license to say the least.

You make it as if a Maestro would be nothing more than a "Face Plate with an Internet Gap!"

Fortunately your epitaph "Cor Blimey" is unlikely to be actioned, as I doubt you really wish for God to Strike you Blind, do you?  I've always found the UK's "minced oaths" cute.

Steve K9ZW

Photo of DrTeeth

DrTeeth

• 1687 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Luv a duck! You've got me guv'nor.
May have to have a thruppenny bit when I get to the top of the apples and pears.
Toodle-pip me old muckker.
Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1788 Posts
  • 550 Reply Likes
What??
LOL, I need to go back to school for a refresher on proper english!
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1788 Posts
  • 550 Reply Likes
What??
LOL, I need to go back to school for a refresher on proper english!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1062 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Looks a bit crowded! Tell that driver to avoid the potholes please!
:-)
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
I had to laugh on that one James! Pretty good.
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Great update. It's been like waiting for your first born in some ways. Thanks to all Flex employees for todays effort and the future. It's been great being a part of this new product!
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

• 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Wonderful! One of those has my name on it it seems - from the email I got today! :-)
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
It's right below mine on the truck! Hope mine doesn't smash yours....
Photo of Bill N5TU

Bill N5TU

• 50 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Excellent! :-)
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 612 Posts
  • 137 Reply Likes
Got my tracking number this afternoon. Yeeehah!!
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 215 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I was able to read the label on the box of my Maestro that was prepare for shipment.
It was third box on the left in the hallway lineup!
I can wait to see UPS delivering it by Monday.
Photo of Winston VK7WH

Winston VK7WH

• 337 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Great news.. Thanks to the all the team at Flex for the mammoth effort that has been put in getting our Maestros to us, and for your regular communications regarding progress on this huge endeavour. Winston
Photo of Ernest - W4EG

Ernest - W4EG

• 215 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I was able to read the label on the box of my Maestro, that was prepare for shipment.
It was third box on the left in the hallway lineup!
I can wait to see UPS delivering it Monday.
(Edited)
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1681 Posts
  • 617 Reply Likes

Now you gotta get your radio hooked up, buddy!

Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 539 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
2 day standard UPS Ground delivery between Austin and Kansas City.  I'm hoping to see my Maestro on Friday.  Would love to use it on a Special Event station at the WW1 Memorial this weekend.  Listen for Special Event Station WW1USA on CW, SSB, on 80-10 Meters (propagation permitting)  and C4FM Yaesu Fusion WIRES (WW1USA Room).  
(Edited)
Photo of Jd Dupuy

Jd Dupuy

• 155 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
I think you will mine says-
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:Friday, 05/06/2016, By End of Day, and I'm in Kansas City also.
(Edited)
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 539 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
UPS is scheduled to deliver between 1 & 3 on Friday.  Great service. 
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 651 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Holy cow Gerald!  Your office building looks like a cyclone hit!!!
Congrats to all of you, now get back to work...
Photo of Mike - W8MM

Mike - W8MM

• 220 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Hearty congratulations, Gerald!
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 862 Posts
  • 281 Reply Likes
Thanks for the update Gerald.  Do you have a rough estimate of how long it'll take to fulfill the pre-orders? 
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 831 Posts
  • 1522 Reply Likes
Not yet.  We will need a week or so to see where we are and what the regular flow is on a daily basis.  
Photo of Bill Dau, N9OE

Bill Dau, N9OE

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great job guys! I can't wait to get mine.
I'm sure its intense at FRS right now. I hope you're done by Hamvention so you can enjoy the fest!
Photo of Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

• 495 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
send me some tickets Gerald I'd be glad to donate some hours to help :)))))))
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1062 Posts
  • 303 Reply Likes
Living just north of Austin is a plus!(180miles) Just checked UPS and it shows delivery by end of day tomorrow! But, I won't be home till Friday, I'm in Phoenix. Had two trailer tires blow out and sat roadside for 3 hours waiting on tire truck. Better call my wife and tell her to keep a watch out!
James
WD5GWY
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Any idea when the orders going to the UK dealers will go out?

Thanks. David G4NRT
Photo of Paul Bradbeer

Paul Bradbeer

• 170 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi David,  as much as I'm super-keen to receive my Maestro, I'm not holding my breath (shame really 'cos I opened my 6m SpE season last night with a string of QSOs into Ukraine..).  My guess is we are behind a massive wave of 15th/16th May 2015 orders from the USA.  Gerald has already said that it depends when the individual dealer ordered them....I may try W&S again, but I'm not sure they'll know any more...  Paul M0CVX
Photo of Tim VE6SH

Tim VE6SH

• 297 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes

Ordered May 25/15 and Invoice received yesterday if that helps.

Tim VE6SH/G4HUA

Photo of Chris DL5NAM

Chris DL5NAM

• 699 Posts
  • 155 Reply Likes
I ordered May 20/15 - no invoice or any contact yet. So it's not FIFO as Gerald told :-(

73 Chris
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
To answer my own question, I've just heard from ML&S that they are expecting them on or around 13th May. Not long to wait now.......

David G4NRT
Photo of KM4CQG

KM4CQG

• 249 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
If one was to order Maestro now what is the expected delivery date?

Ian
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 831 Posts
  • 1522 Reply Likes
If you ordered through a distributor it depends on when they placed their order with us. They are in the same FIFO queue with everyone else. If you ordered direct and you see another person who ordered after you receiving an invoice, you should first check your spam folder. If it is not there you can drop an email to us.

New orders should deliver by the end of June unless we sell out over the next few weeks.
Photo of KM4CQG

KM4CQG

• 249 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Thanks Gerald

Just tried to buy it with my Android 2014 Tablet and the your website store wont let me scroll down to bottom corner to purchase it.

Will call Greg this afternoon when I get out of the Simulator.

Ian
Photo of Paul Bradbeer

Paul Bradbeer

• 170 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
@ David G4NRT:  David, I've emailed W&S and their take is a little different...they say that US customers and demo versions to Rest Of World are shipping, and that customer units will ship to ROW after the backorder list in the US..and W&S hasn't had a date for that yet.  It would be interesting to know if May 13th is the date when your Maestro will arrive or when the ML&S demo unit arrives (or both)...  I'm getting resigned to a somewhat frustrating watch and wait...  Paul M0CVX
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9202 Posts
  • 3563 Reply Likes
Ian - Sorry about the responsive nature of the Online Store website.  And you will have to talk to Matt to place an order.  Greg decided to pursue some other opportunities about a year ago. 
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9202 Posts
  • 3563 Reply Likes
Paul - There has been a little confusion with our vendors regarding shipment schedules.  Now that production Maestros are officially shipping, that issue was addressed today officially by Klaus, our EU representative who manages the distributor channel.  First off, the implication that distributors will not get their shipments until the US backlog is fulfilled is totally incorrect.

We will be shipping distributors their supply of Maestros in the same order and manner as individuals who placed their orders; FIFO - first in, first out.  So they should be getting them in due time.  Sorry for the confusion.
Photo of Paul Bradbeer

Paul Bradbeer

• 170 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Thanks for clearing that up, Tim.
Photo of Jay -- N0FB

Jay -- N0FB, Elmer

• 539 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Paul...that looks like an F-4 you're sitting in.  Are you a Phantom Jockey?
Photo of Paul Bradbeer

Paul Bradbeer

• 170 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Ooh you're close Jay...that is an old photo ('84 I think..) of me as a technician (AN/ALQ 101 (v)-10 ECM pods which the USAF sold to the RAF when they went to the 119)
but the aircraft was a Jaguar. That photo was taken at Nellis AFB. However, later on I was commissioned as an Engineering Officer and my first tour as an officer was on 92 (F) Squadron....which flew F4s out of RAF Wildenrath in Germany. Loved the F4 , it was, as we'd say in slang in the UK, 'Well 'ard' (well hard...as in tough, imposing, not to be messed with) ;-)
Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 822 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
So I ordered mine in November . . . I should see an invoice soon.
Photo of Scott - WM7C

Scott - WM7C

• 42 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I ordered in October.  I'll post when I get an invoice.
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 651 Posts
  • 178 Reply Likes
Just got my invoice, shipping today.
I ordered the first day Friday morning at Dayton.
Photo of Simon Lewis

Simon Lewis

• 495 Posts
  • 118 Reply Likes
some one gonna post some on bench pics of production unit .. maybe some youtube - us overseas chaps are gonna be waiting a while till they appear ... don't tease now :)