Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro, Iambic / Non-Iambic Function Key

Andrew Holman2
Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
It would be absolutely fantastic if we could switch from Iambic to Not, with a function key. Or put the iambic toggle on the TX Menu for CW. I use two keys a lot, switching between a straight key and paddle. A quick switch would just make the workflow a little nicer. Thanks.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Can you describe an additional operation use case for turning iambic on/off temporarily in addition to using multiple keys? 
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I cannot, because that is all I really use it for.  Can't you just do something to make me more lazy? :)

If I think of something else I will update the idea, but no. I just thought it would be nice to have that as part of the function keys or in the tx menu for cw at least.  I switch between them frequently depending on if I am working an SKCC contact or DX.  So its not a high priority thing by any means anyway. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Can't you just do something to make me more lazy? :)

If the price is right ;-)
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm a member of SKCC (Straight Key Century Club) and also FISTS and CW other groups. Most often I'll be using my paddles but when making SKCC contacts I have to switch over to the straight key or bug (three keys are plugged in) then switch back to Iambic.

Not a Maestro owner but trying to help with a use case. SSDRfw's IAMBIC button works fine for the application and I could see it being similarly useful on the Maestro.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This is mostly what I use it for as well.  It would be neat to have it a button that is configurable on the Maestro panel (function button) or at least in the TX menu, which is just a push of a button away.  

Right now the menu is 2-3 levels deep.  Hit Menu -> Go to CW -> Toggle Iambic.  
  • GERRYV
    GERRYV Member ✭✭
    To be clear, you cannot use a SK or mechanical Bug with the Maestro? If so, is there any workaround. I am looking at purchasing a Maestro but, using a bug is a huge part of my CW operation. Like others mentioned, I am active in SKCC and Fists.
    Gerry, W0GV
  • Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

I use an external keyer with Maestro, so there should be no reason why you can't use a single key or bug with it.

Dewey, WØYWW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.