Curious as to whether the Maestro functions buttons can be programmed as macros? For example, it would be useful for DX split operation to depress F1 and the following sequence occurs:
1) Slice B becomes active;
2) Slice B goes into Tx mode;
3) Slice B is up 2-5 kHz from Slice A;
4) Slice A audio routed to left ear, Slice B audio routed to right ear;
5) AF control B temporarily becomes a "balance" control; and
6) Depressing F1 again (or long press) clears the above and restores pre-split settings.
That's just one example of macro programming, I'm sure there are many others.
How about your number "3) Slice B is up 2-5 kHz from Slice A;" be capable of going as high as you see deem.
If you remember last year, several DX expeditions were as high or higher than 1K.
I like to suggest that it can be set according to the operator needs.
Ps. I stand corrected... I just noticed the dash between the 2 and 5...
The Currently defined functions are:
Set Mode (to a specific user-selected mode)
Send CW (user defined message per function key)
Documentation will be forthcoming when it is ready for public consumption.