Maestro freezes loading software

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I have been able to run SmartLink with this Maestro a couple of times.  The Maestro is running v2.3.9.  I have been able to use the Maestro to control my Flex-6400 remotely using a wifi connection outside my LAN.
Today, however, I haven't been able to connect (of course, now I'm 700 miles from the radio).  After signing in to SmartLink, the Maestro finds the 6400, and after I select it, I am prompted to run the version mentioned above.  After about 30 seconds, I get the screen shown below.
When I press OK, the Loading... screen appears and never goes away until I turn off the Maestro using the power button.  This happens both when I choose "Run" and when I choose the low bandwidth selection.

Any suggestions about how to cure this?

Thanks and 73
John
W4KV
Photo of John Adkins

John Adkins

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

  • 1138 Posts
  • 235 Reply Likes
Open a Help Desk ticket.

In the meantime make sure you are using the supplied power adapter or 12 volts DC via the power cable that came with the Flex. Also make sure the power connector is plugged in :-)

Try holding the power button on the Maestro. The screen will pop up to slide to shut down. Continue holding the power button until the screen goes dark and button LEDS go out. This is a cold shutdown. Then try and restart.

If it still does not work, revert to my first suggestion of opening a Help Desk ticket.

73
Dave wo2x

Photo of John Adkins

John Adkins

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks.  Tried it.  No joy.
Opened a ticket.
The weird thing is that the Maestro connected, and I could operate just 2 days ago.
Photo of John Adkins

John Adkins

  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I opened a ticket and Tim suggested that one of the cables might have become disconnected.  He gave me permission to open the case, and when I did, none of the cables seemed to be out of place.  I jiggled all the cable connectors and reattached the back of the case.

Powered up successively with the 12 v power supply and a 5 v battery.  Both worked without a hitch.

I must have slightly moved a connector either in transit or when inserting or removing the 5 v battery.

At any rate, problem solved.

John
W4KV