Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Error on Startup

Brad Adams (N4PYI)
Brad Adams (N4PYI) Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Started up the Maestro this morning and received this windows error: "an error has occurred that requires a restart of Maestro". Tried a restart three times with the same error. Last used it night before last and shutdown was normal. Anyone had this error? Maestro version is 1.7.3

imageimage

Comments

• iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Me too!!! Amazing ! I just hope that when it comes out in 2.0 and will be paid all these issues end up ... imageimageimage
  • Warren Gaspar
    Warren Gaspar Member
    edited October 2016
    I had the same problem after upgrading SmartSDR to 1.9.13.  2 reboots later seemed to clear things up for me.
  • km8am
    km8am Member
    edited January 2017
    Same thing here!  Deader than a door nail. using 1.7.32.15.

Same array null issue.

Rebooted 8 times, still dead.

Any ideas?
  • Newton White
    Newton White Member
    edited October 2016
    Same happening to me with the 1.8 version. I upgraded to 1.9 on the PC and rebooted Maestro 10 more times, always an error. I quit for the night!
    N4EWT
  • Brad Adams (N4PYI)
    edited December 2016
    I submitted a help desk ticket. I am hoping Tim will weigh in here sometime.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I haven't used the WINDOWS version of SSDR since receiving my Maestro.  I either use the Maestro or increasingly the iOS version of SSDR.  I upgraded USING THE MAESTRO ONLY and it went without a hitch, and can use either the Maestro or my iPad with no problems at all.  So from what I'm reading, these problems are coming from attempting the upgrade using the Windows version of SSDR.
  • Brad Adams (N4PYI)
    edited January 2017
    I did not attempt any upgrade. Been running 1.7.13 for a while
  • Chris de Voogd
    Chris de Voogd Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Suddenly I have the same problem, totally blocked . Chris de Voogd, DJ2NL
  • K7ADD
    K7ADD Member
    edited October 2016
    "Me too."  Is there a "vulcan nerve pinch" to safe start (F8 equivalent?)   There has to be an alternate boot partition or mechanism to network boot.

I'm going to be disappointed if this is a "return to factory" recovery.
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    Similar problem here as well. Updated SSDR on the PC with no issues. But, when I go to update Maestro, it tells me I need to download  v1.9.9.20. (green arrow Radio Update Required) If I select that version, it downloads the software and and then comes up with the errors in Brad's second photo. Rebooting does not do anything other than the radio not responding to Maestro. Get SSDR for Maestro, just no real connection. Guess, my Maestro will be offline till this mess is fixed.
    It looks to me like v1.9.9.13 for Maestro is not even available for Maestro, just the radio. Something has messed up the versioning or Maestro is finding a version that is not supposed to be out yet.
    james
    WD5GWY

Forgot to add this. Maestro comes up with two panafalls opened with this version and not my previous settings. Wrong frequency (4.085Mhz) and other settings. I'm betting this is a beta version that should not be on the server.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Since FRS has disinvited those deemed to be undesirable, it is entirely likely they gave themselves a 5 day work week, like most people have. I am confident they'll respond during normal business hours.
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Same here.  1.9.13 update never showed up on my Maestro unit (updated SSDR for Windows to 1.9.13), and now I have the same error at startup as the original poster.
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    I was able to downgrade to v1..9.7 for both the PC and Maestro. Now all is working. I'm betting there is an issue on Flex's website that will be fixed tomorrow.
    james
    WD5GWY

• K7ADD
    K7ADD Member
    edited October 2016
    How did you accomplish the downgrade on the Maestro?  Mine crashes (identical symptom to the screenshots on the original post) before I can either connect to the Flex or hit "Version"
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    When I got the second error screen, (never got the first one)  I rebooted the Maestro and I could see the Radio chooser and it then went straight to SSDR. But, no audio, and all the settings were wrong.
    I rebooted and  it went  to the Radio chooser screen and  I selected my radio and then it came up with the version selection screen. I just selected v1.9.7 and it updated the radio and downloaded the software for the Maestro. I then went to the Downloads page at Flex Radio and downloaded v1.9.7 of SSDR for my PC and reinstalled it. So far, everything is working fine.
    Hope you get yours going. If this had not worked for me, I would have left things alone on the Maestro and just used the PC software.
    james
    WD5GWY
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2016
    Tim lives in North Carolina. So, even though his Facebook page says he and his family are all right. It may be he has some more pressing issues, (flooding) to deal with right now.
    james
    WD5GWY

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as defect #4094 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    We believe we have this issue addressed.  Ensure your Maestro is connected to a network that has access to the Internet and power cycle it.  The correct software versions should be displayed without any errors.
  • Keith - AE5XN
    Keith - AE5XN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I was able to update my Maestro to 1.9.13 this evening and I'm back up and running just fine.  Thanks, Tim! 

Keith - AE5XN
  • Newton White
    Newton White Member
    edited March 2017
    Mine is now updated as well. Thanks! N4EWT
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Excellent news.  Thanks  for the update.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.