Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Dust Covers

Philip KA4KOE
Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
Just found out that Stan at Radio Dust Covers is making really slick protective covers for the Maestro. I'm getting one.

http://www.radiodustcovers.com/

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I use  mine all the time... There is no dust on it.  LOL

Mike

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I don't see the Maestro cover listed or a picture.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    It's a new product. Here is a photo of an Elite Cover I just ordered.image
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Now that is nice .. I must get onto Stan.  I already have his cover on my 6500 but this is really good!  
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    $70.00 plus $5.00 shipping.   Nice, but a tad on the expensive side for me.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    That's the elite. You can get vinyl ones cheaper.
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I took the clear plastic bag that my Maestro came in ...  taped-up the original opening (on the 'short side') and slit it along the 'long side' - now it slips nicely over the Maestro.

For now the money (that would have been spent on a cover) can be squandered (er carefully spent) on other stuff.

- Paul, WB5AGF
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I for one prefer to not have my shack look like it was assembled by raiding the wet rubbish bin.
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    'Give to Caesar that which is Caesar's ... '

In this instance my trashcan gets its due but elsewhere in the house plastic bags, and other items which may ( in due time ) eventually end-up in the trash, are kept in presentable fashion.

Just because a soup can eventually ends up in the recycling bin does not mean that it is all gooey-and-gummy when sitting in one's pantry.

I can assure you that my economy-cover is not covered with trash bin residue (in my kitchen trash it is used Turkish tea leaves which give the most unhappy appearance).

- Paul, WB5AGF

PS -
    I am currently carefully watching outgoing soup can lids (as they make their way to the rubbish bin) to see if any show the proper springy-ness to serve as the flat-spring in a 'Swedish-style' Morse key (hacksaw blades just do not 'cut it' in my opinion).

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I was not referring to you, just stating my personal preferences. I am sorry you took it to mean I was referring to your situation, which I most assuredly was not. Note the "I" at the start of my comment.

Anyway, I digress. Different strokes for different folks and I'll leave it at that.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My wife will sew one up for me when she gets back from Alaska.  She does a great job on all of my equipment covers.  It takes her about 20 minutes and costs nothing.  $70 is crazy.....   Its a hobby folks.  In the by gone days, we use to make stuff, remember?   Another plus is that every time I take the cover off, I will think of my XYL.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    My wife has one of those, but the sucker is old and its functionality is at question. It's crazy that we spend thousands on SDR but we do it anyway. I'm definitely crazy as I'm restoring the former transmitter at WAWA, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where Dr. Bop gave you his daily prescription for jive.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

Not to be rude, of course it's a hobby and people spend 7k on a radio or more, how does 70 bucks for a cover come off suddenly too crazy because, hobby? It's only the by gone days if you choose not to make stuff, some still do.

Agreed about the XYL. :)

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My wife already made one for me. She used some nice soft material
    made it double layered and Thank God, I had it on and heading through
    the door with it and bumped the frame of the door. Had it not been for her
    cover, it could have left a mark on the Maestro case. But I will say the
    Elite cover looks very sharp, but mine was made with love.

73, Jim N9VC
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

I worry about bumping into things with mine as well.

I asked the XYL what the odds were she would make one, she laughed. I know she would try to make one but sewing isn't in her wheel house. However she does make a mean blanket! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.