Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro display abnormality

Wlodzimierz Tomczyk
edited March 2019 in Maestro
Recently, when I am trying to operate with the Maestro over the Internet the connection is established, the audio and frequency tuning work OK, but the panadapter and watefall are not showing up. The panadapter shows dark blue and light blue slopping down and the weaterfall has a black square in the middle. None of the display show any signals. The same symptoms are on either one or two panafalls. 
Any ideas?

Thank you,TomA75GA / WT2NY

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    100% of the time this is a problem with the Internet connection somewhere. It could be anywhere in the chain but is most likely at the remote location. Frequently UDP traffic is being blocked or some port is blocked.

This can be difficult to troubleshoot but please begin by describing in detail every component in the chain (that you know). 

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Wlodzimierz Tomczyk
    edited March 2019
    I received a response from Flex Radio that this is due to UDP packets blocked somewhere. The ports 4994/4993 on my remote station are opened and when I do test them from Meastro it shows 50% of the time as pass and 50% as fail. I assume it is the problem along the way in between, since I usually don't have problems with the remote when I connect from Europe and/or the USA. My remote station is in Qatar. I am currently on a work trip around the World and I started having the connection issue while operating from China and Japan. It is know fact that China blocks their internet, but I was not suspecting this censorship from Japan.In 2 days I will be in Los Angeles and I will test it again. I remember having no issues from LAX in the past.
    A75GA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.