Maestro DEXP Greyed Out

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I've noticed DEXP is greyed out / not available on my Maestro for M-MIC1, M-MIC2, M-LINE but available R-MIC, R-BAL and R-ACC??  The manual makes no mention of DEXP not working on the Maestro??  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm using a default Radiosport Mic Profile...

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 449 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Al K0VM

Al K0VM, Elmer

• 612 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
Official Response
Cal,
   The DEXP function is a hardware function that is availabe in the radio but not available in the Maestro hardware ( or in the PC with a PC mic).

AL, K0VM
Photo of Bob Craig, K8RC

Bob Craig, K8RC

• 262 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Problem is, the mic and/or ambient noise level when you're using the Maestro outside the shack is different. A Heil BM-10 plugged into the RJ-45 on the Maestro pumps room noise like mad with no solution. And that is in my quiet, plaster-walled living room. If I turn compression/mic gain down low enough to solve that I have very little power output.   C-
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 449 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes

Bob you are absolutely correct!  Another disappointment to me. It will be hard to use the Maestro in a crowded space like a DX expedition or multi op contest!  Too much background noise....

Cal/N3CAL

Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

While this is a bummer if you were in a multi op or dx situation you can always plug right into the radio.

Photo of Bob Craig, K8RC

Bob Craig, K8RC

• 262 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Thank you Captain Obvious.

The point here is to use the Maestro REMOTELY, a use that has proven unsatisfactory for this reason.
Photo of Reinaldo Leandro

Reinaldo Leandro

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Almost a year has passed and still the feature is not implemented.