Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro delivery date - any news?

Uli - DK8NE
Uli - DK8NE Member
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Hi to all,
as waiting for nearly 12 months for delivery of a maestro to Germany, i wonder if anyone elsewhere (or within DL) got his/here maestro lately?
Or does anyone know when you will get your ordered one?

TNX,
Uli DK8NE

Answers

• Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited November 2017
    Maestro De Maestro zal half oktober weer leverbaar zijn. De eerste 4 units worden nu getest. Volgende week zullen de eerste Maestro's van de band rollen. SmartSDR is al aangepast voor de nieuw schermen. Één van de nieuwe Maestro's zal over 14 dagen worden aangeboden voor een CE her-certificering. Dus er kan weer worden besteld in de shop.. Order by Parma.com 73 ON3VHK
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited November 2017
    Translation: Maestro The Maestro will be available again in mid-October. The first 4 units are now tested. Next week, the first Maestro's will roll out. SmartSDR has already been modified for the new screens. One of the new Maestro's will be offered in 14 days for a CE re-certification. So it can be ordered again in the shop.
  • dj3cq
    dj3cq Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Hi Uli,
    I'm waiting as well... As the new 2.019 has some adaptions for the "new" Maestro I hope that waiting is over soon and asked Dathe abt. possible delivery.

Maybe we can keep in touch with this topic, I'll send you email

73, Jo
    dj3cq
  • Uli - DK8NE
    Uli - DK8NE Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi Kurt, mny tnx fer your answer. Are you sure about mid october?
    I had a disappointing discussion via email with matt youngblood yesterday and he wasn´t able to give me a delivery date at all. but i think he didn´t wanted to give one.
    The question is also, will it be also available in DL by mid-october?  or only for first market US?
    i wonder how long the CE re-certification in the US will take for real.
    you have some informations about that?

73 Uli DK8NE

• Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited September 2017
    HI Uli, my information commes from, https://flexradioshop.com/index.html.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Have create at Facebook a group "FlexRadio DL" - maybe we can use for german speaking Flex'er to communicate ~localy~ :-)
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited September 2017
    My problem is different, I have a maestro but not a flex. :) Waithing for the flex 6600. 73 Kurt ON3VHK
  • Uli - DK8NE
    Uli - DK8NE Member
    edited September 2017
    ohh, that is even worse! - when did you order your Maestro and when did you get it? Maestro officially wasn´t available since Mid of 2016 - at least for DLs!
    Uli
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited September 2017
    Also order by Parma.com. Available begin november. The Flex 6400M and 6600M end october. Flex Maestro end october. Guess for me, end of the year. Kürt
  • Uli - DK8NE
    Uli - DK8NE Member
    edited September 2017
    So you already have the maestro in hands or are you still waiting for it?
    Uli DK8NE
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes Uli, already have a Maestro. Bought from a colleague amateur.. Lucky me ;) 73 Kürt
  • Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a Maestro that I do not use now that I have the iPad interface. Go ahead and connect with me via QRZ.com if you want to purchase it.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Tom, you forgot to post your call so people can look you up

Dave wo2x

• Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Silly me..Sorry. Call is N9GUN.
  • Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited September 2017
    I had looked at.qrz.com under search by name, but not found.. HI. 73 Kürt - ON3VHK
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited June 2020
    I use the Maestro earlier but sold it and bought an iPad. From my experience, this works better than the Maestro. You have a larger screen also and many extras in the software. 

• Kurt Onvijfdz
    Kurt Onvijfdz Member
    edited November 2017
    I can not make the comparison yet. But I also like to turn a button. Thank you for selling me the Maestro. :) 73 Kürt
  • Werner Vavken
    Werner Vavken Member
    edited September 2017
    I agree. The iPad interface is awesome. Does anyone know when the WAN interface will be available with the Flex  iOS software? That seems to be 2-3 months late, too. Seems like FEX has their priorities somewhere else, not on the ham market products.

WB6RAW, Werner
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2017
    It is already available. It was released when 2.0 was released.

I was using my iPhone in the park today.

Dave wo2x
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Werner, maybe your not up to date :-)

73 Chris
  • Uli - DK8NE
    Uli - DK8NE Member
    edited September 2017
    Can anyone (in the US) tell me how long this re-certification of the maestro will take for normal? i still want to dig out a date when the meastro could be available again. just to know when i have to push FRS again.. i´m still unhappy with the info i got or better did not get from FRS.
    Uli DK8NE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    Uli, unfortunately, we will not be providing any definitive information on ship dates other than what has been previously communicated. There are too many indeterminate variables to make forward-looking statements of that nature.

This is how the process will unfold.  Once we have production versions of Maestros completed and they pass our internal QC processes, we will start full-scale production of the units. At the same time, we will begin the CE recertification process on production units.  We do not know how long that will take to complete; it takes as long as needed to achieve the recertification.  Once we have received CE recertification, we will begin Maestro shipments to our international distributors.

As of today, we have manufactured and are testing a few production units and working out the production kinks.  We hope to begin increased production of Maestros and the CE recertification process shortly.
  • Uli - DK8NE
    Uli - DK8NE Member
    edited September 2017
    TNX Tim. Although it was of course not what i wanted to hear, i can understand the situation much better now. Please keep us informed if there is any progress. The lack of information is the point I was complaning about!
    Uli DK8NE
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have a question about the "NEW" Maestro.  It appears that it requires re-certification which tells me there have been some design changes.   Anyone care to tell us what they are?

Norm - W7CK
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    The display unit in the original Maestro was discontinued.  The newer Maestros have a different display unit.
  • Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited September 2017
    So Tim what happens to those maestros that are out there when there is a problem with that tablet that is inside the Maestro that is obsolete now. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    We have contingencies to handle the out of warranty service if it is needed.  In general, the displays have been very reliable.
  • K2CB Eric Dobrowansky
    K2CB Eric Dobrowansky Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

What about the "internal battery bricking" and other issues on the original Maestro..... Will the changes implemented in the new production run be offered as a fix to those who bought Maestros early on? 

Also, was there any improvement made to the original design of the main power button?

• Edward Armstrong-WB2K
    edited September 2017
    I would also like to know what flex is going to do on some of these issues that Eric has mentioned I was going to write a letter to Gerald  personally on these issues hopefully Gerald will reply to Eric's post.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Will the "new and improved" Maestro also be able to charge the battery.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.