Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro, DAX and CAT

Robert Guertin
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I start SmartSDR, DAX and CAT load automatically, not so when I start the Maestro. What am I missing. Maybe I should RTFM.

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When I start my 6600M and want to operate using the front panel, when necessary I start DAX and CAT from a nearby computer. 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    That’s my understanding too. Automatic start up of DAX and CAT is a setup preference in the SmartSDR software. Since Maestro is separate from the (PC) SmartSDR software then DAX and CAT would need to be started independently on a PC.
  • N2WQ
    N2WQ Member
    edited December 2019
    Isn’t the idea behind the M models to eliminate the need of a computer?
  • Robert Guertin
    edited December 2019
    The problem I've got is I'm operating remote with the Maestro why should I have to turn some auxiliary software to get DAX and CAT to run. To me it's just not normal to do this, maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way. Thanks form your reply
  • Robert Guertin
    edited December 2019
    Try running digital software without one specifically DAX and CAT
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Read the manual, you may learn something instead of your RT_M!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Correct.  Starting the Maestro does not start CAT or DAX on a computer.  You will need to do that manually.  

If you are operating remote, why do you need CAT or DAX running on a local to the radio computer?   You may want to have a Remote Desktop connection setup to log into the local PC.  Can you expand on what you are trying to do?  There might be a better way.

Also, what if you had SmartSDR installed on multiple computer, how would you prevent it from starting on all computers?

Mike 

• Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I may comment on this as I also feel it would be nice to have the CAT running automatically when turning the Maestro on (not a big issue though to activate it separately on PC). Simple reason is that I use a N1MM+ or Wintest for logging (and sending CW and changing bands following DX spots from cluster). And of course it would also be very nice to hear my own sidetone when using the logging program remotely, but that as we know, is a totally different story.
  • Robert Guertin
    edited December 2019
    Maestro let's you choose which radio server to use.
  • Chuck - W9WLX
    Chuck - W9WLX Member
    edited December 2019
    Also consider the complexity of running two clients at the same time. Running DAX and CAT on the same computer doing logging or digital seems most straightforward, especially with multi client.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.