Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro connects to wireless network, but showing Yellow triangle and no internet available.

Rob Laws
Rob Laws Member
Maestro connects to wireless network, but showing Yellow triangle and no internet available. This has happened to my pc laptops before and the only fix was to run a command prompt as admin and run the following commands: "netsh winsock reset" followed by "netsh int ip reset" then reboot. Anyone know how to do this on Maestro?

Answers

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I get this problem and my Maestro is hard wired to the 6500. This is the 2nd Maestro that I have had and the problem is still there. I am at the moment, trying to get my Maestro to 'talk' to the 6500 but all I get is a Yellow or Red Triangle and lots of clicking. It will eventually connect but this can take an hour at times and then it will run fine all day. Sometimes when I try to connect, it will do so immediately and work well. I have the latest software installed on both devices and each time an update comes out, I stupidly think that it might fix my problem but it doesn't . I have done everything from resetting the Maestro (following Flex's instructions) but to no avail. I really like Flex products and had a Flex 5000a before the 6500. If I use the 6500 directly connected to my computer, everything works very well and starts up immediately. There obviously is a problem somewhere in the either the 6500 or the Maestro but I have already been through lots of tests with the Flex engineers but have never had a reliable 6500 / Maestro combination that works. I really regret getting the Maestro because it is basically unuseable unless I am very lucky and it connects straight away. I even get Windows messages from the software that is running on the Maestro when things are attempting to start. I don't think tha tI am the only person with this type of problem. I have replaced cables etc so they are not the problem.

I will probably sell the Maestro as I could have bought a dedicated Laptop and had change for what I paid for the Maestro. It is a real pity as I think the Maestro is a brilliant concept, the problem is is doesn't seem to want to talk to the 6500 most of the time. I am a big fan of the Flex radios by the way and have no problems with the quality and they way they work. It's the Maestro that still seems to have the problems. 

I the time that I have been typing this, the 6500 has been clicking away as the Maestro tries to connect to it and the Triangle has one Red mark on it.

73, Bill - G4ERV
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Given that other boxes in your world have had the same problem, I would suspect that you have a wonky router/DHCP server in your network. The two NetShell commands you use to "fix" the problem are the nuclear option. It literally nukes the network settings (ALL of them) in the registry and resets everything. It "works" but finding & fixing the actual problem would probably serve you better.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I agree that I'd fix your fundamental networking issue. You have a very isolated issue. There will be a new driver (very reliable) coming in the next public release but it's unlikely to fix your primary issue. I can suggest another router if you'd like that works 100%. I'm using the ASUS RT-AC3200 Wireless-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router, AiProtection with Trend Micro for Complete Network Security 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hello Bob & Mack,

I would have agreed with you if I had been using a Router or a Switch in the system but all I have is the Maestro connected directly to the Flex 6500 via a CAT cable. I have replaced the cable in case that was a problem and I did that with the first Maestro that I had. If I connect the 6500 to my laptop or desktop computers directly again hard wired, it all works well. The problem that I have always had is when I try to connect the Maestro directly to the 6500 via the CAT cable. The cable I use is a straight one and not a cross over type. I could understand the problem if it was always the same but it isn't. I have now turned it all off but if I turn it back on, there is a chance that it will connect. When I check the network via the Menu key on the Maestro, it shows that it is dropping packets. I have turn off the wireless network as I was told that was the problem but it made no difference. All I wanted was a Maestro that connected reliably each time. It a real pity because when I can the get the two to talk to each other, it really works well.
    73, Bill - G4ERV
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Rob - to answer your question, there is no way for the user to access a privileged command prompt on the Maestro.
  • Rob Laws
    Rob Laws Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi Tim, Looks like I was able to resolve the issue by rebuilding my wireless network and resetting the router and starting all over from scratch. Eliminated any static IP addresses from other equipment and making sure no duplicate DHCP Adresses were generated. All is good now.
  • Rob Laws
    Rob Laws Member
    edited November 2016
    You were right!! I switched out the router and rebuilt the network eliminating any duplicate ip addresses from possible static ips. Thanks!
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm so pleased you have it solved. Rock solid for me all over the house. 73, Mack W4AX
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is great news!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.