Maestro Connectivity

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
When using the Maestro away from the station via SmartLink like I would my PC Laptop or IOS device (iPad) say in a hotel room with a very good WiFi connection, can I use the Maestro stand alone? Say link into the WiFi and control my 6400??
Photo of Art - N4QNT

Art - N4QNT

• 51 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3503 Reply Likes
Official Response
Yes, the Maestro was designed specifically to access any FLEX-6000 family of radios using SmartLink.
Photo of Art - N4QNT

Art - N4QNT

• 51 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hello Tim, just to touch up your answer, so when I want to use stand alone at my favorite Hotel's I should of mentioned when signing in on the Hotel Guest Web page when I choose the quality of service and sign in with the username and password for the Hotel WiFi connection, how do I do that on the Stand alone Maestro???

Thank you,
Art
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3503 Reply Likes
With the current version of SmartSDR, there isn't the capability to interact with a web-based captive portal for logging on to their network.  Some hotels have the ability to manually configure a devices network access by using it's MAC address.
Photo of Art - N4QNT

Art - N4QNT

• 51 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thanks Tim
Photo of W3EX -- Tom

W3EX -- Tom

• 68 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

You sure can. I spent the month of March if Florida and remoted into my 6500 daily back to PA.

The Maestro works great as a remote unit. It would be helpful to have a way to turn your home station off and on remotely as well. There are many ways to accomplish that.

Photo of Martin Ewing AA6E

Martin Ewing AA6E

• 303 Posts
  • 65 Reply Likes
IIRC Maestro still does not work for"Enterprise" networks, where you need to give both a username and password to get access to WiFi. You may run into this at some hotels, schools, etc.
Photo of Charles - K5UA

Charles - K5UA

• 318 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Martin,
Apparently that is why I can't connect to my 6500 in Louisiana from my Maestro here in a rented condo in Florida.  I just put out a post about that.
Photo of Charles - K5UA

Charles - K5UA

• 318 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Martin,
Apparently that is why I can't connect to my 6500 in Louisiana from my Maestro here in a rented condo in Florida.  I just put out a post about that.
Photo of Charles - K5UA

Charles - K5UA

• 318 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
Martin,