Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro brightness and RX problem and DC power behavior

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
PROBLEM 1

I set the brightness to the lowest level on the Maestro (IMHO even the dimmest it is too bright) but while I TX with the hand mic the brightness goes to a higher setting and dims back down when I release. This is annoying and a waste of battery.

PROBLEM 2

If I turn the backlight off on the physical buttons of the Maestro, and if I TX in SSB for a minute in a rag chewing QSO when I release the hand mic the Maestro becomes deaf for about 5 seconds. Something is going on with the backlight on the buttons because they flash for a few ms just when I release the PTT on the hand mic.

Both problems above happened with Maestro on USB battery power while on WiFi.

PROBLEM 3

Once I am done with the Maestro I turn it off and bring it back to the radio shack. I proceed then to plug it to the 12vdc source and that restarts the device, so I have to wait half a minute while it boots up to turn it off again. That happens if I turn the main power supply where it is connected OFF an ON as well.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

In regards to problem 1 - this is a known issue. No fix in current Maestro release.

Dave wo2x

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    A fix for #1 (#3839 in our system) was implemented and reviewed last week and will be in the next Alpha release.  Barring any issues with the fix, I expect this will make the next public release.

#2 I have not observed before.  Is anyone else seeing this issue?

#3 This is a common complaint.  We appreciate the input and will take it into consideration.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Eric! 
    It happens with USB battery and on WiFi. Not sure of those variables have anything to do.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Answers:

#1 - Tested and dup'ed. If one resets the brightness it is then stable between xmt and Rcv. This seems a minor problem but since Eric indicated the fix is known, forget about it.

#2 - Can NOT dup. Suspect this is related to the power pack. A V-A meter check is in order.

#3 - Feature - not a bug. I prefer current implementation.

k3Tim
  • Albert PA0A
    Albert PA0A Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Eric,

Problem 2, yes it happened before.

for details see:  your request (#14592) has been received, and is queued to be reviewed by our support staff shortly.

73, Albert pa0a

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    #3 I prefer to select when my Maestro turns on. We don't have "Turn on when receiving voltage" on the Flex radio which could be placed in a remote location but we do on the Maestro which is a device that cannot be used unless you are in front of it. Care to explain Tim why do you prefer to have the Maestro turn on when plugged to a power source? Why do you consider it a feature?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.