Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Battery options

Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
The Polanfo Q5 12000mAh works very well. It is no longer available. The Polanfo M20000 has even better spec's but is 3-4x in price at $59.99 . I bought a GETIHU 13000mAh ,4.8 A output (Maestro likes 2.5A). It exceeds the 3.0" width by 0.15" but it kinda fits with the battery door off and is $19.99image

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I had originally stumbled across the Polanfo M20000 on Amazon and ordered two when I was alpha testing the Maestro. They work very well and give approximately 4 1/2 hours use. I had made the recommendation to use that pack.

When I bought mine in 2016 I got them for $12.99 each. My how times have changed.

Dave wo2x
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Mogix External Battery Phone Charger 10400mAh Power Pack

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFVNLXK
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    can maestro work with no battery installed? Assuming it connected to power all the time?
    Sergey, KN7K
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Yes. Maestro comes with AC power adapter and also 12volt DC cable. Dave wo2x
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Great timing....  I have been looking and looking for the recommended battery banks and can't find one of them.  I was hoping someone would post a link.  Thanks Scott!  About how long does it last?  That will determine how many I buy.  :-)
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2018
    The Polanfo 20000M lasts 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Dave wo2x
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Yes
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited May 2018
    That's a good question Rob. I've only had the 6400 and Maestro for about a month now and not been able to run the Maestro on battery for long enough to see how long it lasts. I can get the battery charged up tonight and run the Maestro tomorrow to see how long it lasts. I'm sure using the internal speaker will change the run time but I'm not sure if anything else would really effect it much, other than running wireless vs ethernet. But I'll give it a go and see for you. :)
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited May 2018
    Hey Rob, looks like the Mogix battery lasted about 3.5 hours. What I noticed is the battery icon did not seem to indicate a change in status until the battery was about exhausted. I hope this helps! Now I know I'd want to keep 2 of these batteries around for extended run time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.