Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Auto-Connect

Options
Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Maestro
Sometimes when I turn my Maestro on, it automatically connects to my 6700. Other times, when I turn it on, I have to pick the radio (I only have one) and pick the software version and click Run.

Based on limited testing, I think the difference might be if the M was connected to the radio when it was shut down.

Is there an auto-connect setting I have missed somewhere?

I'm running V2.5.1.

Mark - N8ME

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Not on v3 (or 2.5) yet, but my experience is the radio remembers what was last connected. If the last thing you did was connect SSDR, then when you connect a Maestro or the “M” front end, it will wait for you to select. If the last thing you used was the M front-end, it will immediately reconnect that when you turn on the radio. Don’t think you have much control :-( I don’t much have that problem, as I almost never shut the radio off.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Double check the "Auto Connect to last radio" in settings if it's on the Maestro. Not sure it is there but it is in the SSDR program...I do not use Maestro here just a shot in the dark hi. GL n '73' tnt
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’ve found that if I turn the radio on first and then turn on the Maestro it will skip the select radio and software pages, and go straight to operate mode. If I turn on the Maestro first then the radio, it goes to the select radio and software pages first. Gene, K1GD
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options

Things that help auto-connection are:

• Having the radio on and fully booted (steady & ready) before you start up a client (SmartSDR for Windows, or Maestro).
    • Keeping the network location (IP address) consistent between SmartSDR/Maestro sessions (static assignment or reserved assignment by MAC address can help).
    • Having a stable multiFlex configuration between SmartSDR/Maestro sessions.

Changes in these areas tend to lead to being directed to the Chooser window.  In a nutshell SmartSDR/Maestro picks up on some changes and suggests user intervention rather than getting hung up looking for a network configuration that is not available at the time the session starts - Ambiguity is best resolved by user intervention.

If I unexpectedly get a Chooser on startup my experience is something isn't running as I left it - something is off track - as I have both locally and remote situations that are quite stable.

Steve
    K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.