Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro audio fail after 60 mins

Andrew Rose
Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
For the past few months I have been having problems with my Maestro loosing audio. (See my requests for help numbers 23845, 24964, 25136 & 24729). The Maestro has been sent twice to the European service centre which has cost me in access of $250 plus being without my radio for many weeks. The latest report from Germany says “customer claims failing audio . . . fault could not be duplicated.” I have conducted more tests and find the following.

If my Flex-6500 and Maestro are both connected via ethernet cables to my router and this is in turn connected to the WWW then the system works correctly for 60 minutes after which the Maestro fails to produce audio. The Pan adapter and waterfall operate normally and audio is available from the Flex-6500 outputs. If the Maestro is used to reset the radio then the system operates again with audio from the Maestro.

If the Flex-6500 and Maestro are both connected via ethernet cables to my router and this is in turn is NOT connected to the WWW, or if the Flex-6500 and Maestro are connected via a single ethernet cable then the system operates correctly and doesn’t stop after 60 minutes.

From this I deduce that when the Flex-6500 powers up if internet connection is available the it contacts FlexRadio to ensure that I have paid for firmware version 2 (which I have) and to see if a later software package is available. It is at this point I suspect a 60 minute timer is started which was used during software development and now becomes activated and causes my problem.

Am I correct in this assumption? Is this a known fault sorry feature? Can the problem be remedied? Your comments would be appreciated.

Answers

• Roberto EA2CNU
    Roberto EA2CNU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The same thing happens to me too. I also sent it to the European service center and there was no solution.

73,s Roberto EA2CNU
  • Gerald Schumacher
    Gerald Schumacher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This has happened to me as long as had in with 6500 am 6600m
  • KC4SW
    KC4SW Member
    edited March 2019
    My 6500 and two others work “normally” , that is they are hooked to the WWW full time. In my case they are connected serially through 2 giga-bit switches which then goes to the internet through a Linux based firewall. Have you tried to reset the router when this problem occurs? Then try the modem.
  • Gerald Schumacher
    Gerald Schumacher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    My router reset daily
  • KC4SW
    KC4SW Member
    edited August 2018
    Hmmmm, do you download your software from the main Flex site? If so then we have the same software , I have had no issues ( I know small sample), so this leads me to think the software is probably not involved. Do you configure your radio/maestro w/ DHCP or do you assign addresses? Do you always connect, when physically using router connected to internet, with “smart connect” or just “connect”? Have you modified your firewall to pass the ports required by smart connect? In my system I use assigned addresses and the firewall/internet router contains statements opening several ports and assigning static routes from the internet addresses to the radio address. Using those ports Hope some of this helps
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Are you both using the same internet provider? Does the audio fail at PRECISELY the same interval of 60 minuets eack time?
  • Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    On the Maestro I Select the 6500 and then press the screen tab for Connect. I then get asked which software version and I press "v2.3.9" followed by Run. Simple!
  • Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
     I was told that the data stream for audio and for the pan/waterfall were one and the same!  The visual display works just fine and the digital transfer rate is extremely low.  Also after the first 60 min time out, if the 6500 is re selected by the Maestro then the system works just fine - no more time outs.
  • Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Provider "****".
    Time exactly 60 mins.
    No fancy router setups.
  • Andrew Rose
    Andrew Rose Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Roberto EA2CNU.  When were you last in contact with "Norbert".  I received my Maestro back from Germany just a couple of weeks ago.  Have you given up on the problem?  What do Flex in the USA say?
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Andrew, I had exactly the same problem, except I was using 4G and the timeout was exactly 2 minutes every time. The problem was fixed by using a commercial VPN. I used Nord VPN at around $2 per month. I also tried "hidemyass" which as free, and it also worked fine. In my case I finally got my IP provided to admit that the service was being terminated because of the nature of the data being sent. Hope this helps and good luck Winston
  • Roberto EA2CNU
    Roberto EA2CNU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I contacted Norbert at the end of last year.
    Yes, I left the problem.
    From Flex in the USA I was suggested to make modifications in the PC when the problem was, initially, with the Maestro. This and my difficulties to communicate in English, made me not continue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.