Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and SMARTCAT and 6300

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
Hoping that the pending 1.5 version can mitigate the NB issue for the entire display and not just the slice I can  considering a 6300 to get back on the air.....pretty much starting from scratch.

Looking for answers to a few questions in the meantime.

1.  Tuner memories:  Is it just one memory setting per band?  Or does it have multiple memories per every XX KHz on each band (more on lower, less on higher)?  Are the memories remembered across power up/down and firmware updates?  Will likely only have one wire antenna, probably an 80M double extended zepp.

2.  Can I run my wireless laptop and the Maestro wireless from the house while the radio is elsewhere on the LAN and use smartCAT to connect to programs on the laptop?  I am thinking for LAN remote my best option for CW is to run a WINkeyUSB on the laptop and use its built in speaker instead of the sidetone through Maestro which is likely to have a delay to deal with.

3.  When is the Maestro likely to begin shipping?

Thanks and 73
Greg
AB7R

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Greg,
      Yes, the current version of SSDR firmware (1.4.16) has multiple tuner memories per band ( I don't know how many though). The tuner solutions are retained power up/down and at least some firmware updates.

AL, K0VM
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

CW latency on the new 6000 series radios is much lower than the 3000/5000. If you have a chance to demo one live in your area you will most likely be pleasantly surprised.

You can run you peripherals connected to one computer via SmartSDR CAT and run the program on a second PC/laptop on the network. I do that now with DDUtil for amp, tuner, and wattmeter control.

Can't answer for the Maestro as it is not out yet.

Dave wo2x

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Dave and Al.  I already had a 6700 so I am familiar with the CW performance.  But not over wireless LAN.  I suspect there would be enough latency there to make sending CW problematic.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    CW is generated in the radio, not the client.  The same latency exists when using CWX regardless if the client has a wired or wireless network connection.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I thought I heard that the Maestro will have its own WinKeyer. If you use a laptop with a WinKeyer, wouldn't that WinKeyer have to be connected to the radio?
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Tim.  I thought there would be a bit more latency running remote on the LAN with the audio coming from the laptop via wifi.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I never saw info about a winkey being inside the Maestro.  Great idea if it is.  My only purpose would be to utilize the winkey sidetone and maybe to use it with logging software remotely.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Sidetone is generated locally rather than in the radio when operating CWX in a remote configuration.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    There is a Winkeyer inside of Maestro, Greg.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thats great....thanks.  From the demo I saw the NB does a good job.  Hope to hear from someone with similar electric fencing noise.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.