Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and keyboard and digital apps

Patrick
Patrick Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Since Maestro has Bluetooth can a Bluetooth keyboard be married to it for digital apps?  And are Digital apps like PSK and JT65/9 being considered for waveform API.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

The advertising brochure is very scant with specifics but rife with superlatives. During the Hamvention, I inferred that not even a microphone nor speaker are supported with Bluetooth...yet. I get the feeling it will be going through growing pains just like the 6000.

Jim, K6QE

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Although I think that Maestro is a nice idea and will sell to a good number of Flex 6000 users.  A good laptop can do the same functions.  But it is a choice.   I think that development time would be better spent on finishing the 6000 radios.  Things like further FDV development.  Built in DDUtil functionality, JT65/9, PSK, RTTY waveform apps.  I see mention of Windows free operation.  Maybe this is aimed at the crowd that is not computer literate.  That's OK, and I think this may be a good move on Flexes part.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

The answer to that same question asked last night at the Flex banquet is that they included the Bluetooth hardware but haven't yet decided how to use it. Maestro is a very new device. The examples shown at Dayton were hand made.

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Seems like a no-brainer to me what the applications should be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.