macbook pro with bootcamp is this will work with the 6700?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
hello 
is there any one who can give some advise about the Macbook pro 16inc  if i load bootcamp 
is this will work fine with the ssdr ?what about the graphic card on the macbook pro ? any good , this question for any one who use MAC etc thank you 
73 elan g0uut
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 587 Posts
  • 171 Reply Likes
I run a Macbook Pro with Windows 7 running under VMWare Fusion. It runs with no issues at all. I would assume that running windows with bootcamp will be even better than a virtual machine. So yes, it should be fine.

Jon...kf2e
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1509 Posts
  • 533 Reply Likes
Should be no problem at all. Probably shouldn't run 8 panadapters on ANY laptop, though. 
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
thank you all for this great info 
73 elan g0uut
Photo of Phil m0vse

Phil m0vse

• 204 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Bootcamp boots Windows outside of OS X (unlike VMWare, Parallels etc which run as a virtual machine) therefore it should be no worse than running Windows on any similar specification Acer, Dell, HP etc. laptop. 
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes you right but what about the graphic card it is the most important no ? I don't know what apple use for graphic inside the laptop or of iMac mini Mac etc
Photo of Phil m0vse

Phil m0vse

• 204 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Graphics card is only part of the picture, CPU & memory also play an important part. If it is a modern MacBook, they are usually AMD Radeon based which should be OK but as a previous poster said, you maybe wouldn't want to run all 8 panadaptors on any laptop? If you can tell me what year model the MacBook is I should be able to tell you what graphics chipset it uses.
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hello Phil thank you the spec is 
Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - MD103B/A (June,2012)
2.3 ghz intel core i7, 4gb ram, 1600 MHz DDR3, intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 mb
thank you elan g0uut
Photo of Phil m0vse

Phil m0vse

• 204 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
That is the last "non-retina" Macbook Pro so has the Intel HD 4000 graphics. The latest 2015 model MacBook pro has the Radeon R9 M370X which although it has a much better 3d score, has similar 2d performance. Most manufacturers seem to focus on 3d rendering performance (better for gaming/cad) but even the top scoring Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti only has 2d performance of around 1000 (G2D mark) compared to yours which scores around 670. I wouldn't be too worried but if you start to see slowdowns just close a panadaptor or 2!
Photo of Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

• 188 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Has anyone done a direct ethernet connection from a virtual machine (computer straight to radio no router)?
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
thank you Phil 
what about my iMac 27inc late 2013
3.4Ghzintel core i5
8Ghz 1600 Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA geforce GTX775M 2048mb 
what do you think ?thank you again for the info and your time 
73 elan g0uut
Photo of Phil m0vse

Phil m0vse

• 204 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
That is a MUCH faster GPU, about 10 times better 3d performance and around double the 2d score so I would have said that would work well. The other benefit is being 2560x1440 resolution, you can fit a lot more on the screen (useful for multiple panadaptors!)
Photo of elan

elan

• 140 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
thank you very much Phil for the great info and your support 
73 elan g0uut