Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC address

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Where can I find the MAC address for the radio? I want to reserve its IP in my router settings. Tnx Greg

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Take note of the IP address of the radio on the Connect window or in the SmartCAT software. Then on your windows box, open a command prompt and type "arp -a". Find the IP address of the radio in the list , and the MAC address is right next to it.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You can also look in your router's DHCP table. The Flex MAC starts with 50:56.
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Great. Thanks!
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    That would likely work for most people, but I actually have multiple devices on my home network that have a Texas Instrument NIC. http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=50:56
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    My 6700 starts with 84-7e
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    That's TI also, which is why you can't assume it's always 50:56. My method or checking your DHCP lease table in your router will always provide you the correct MAC. http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=84:7E
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    That's where I found it. Tnx!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Start SmartSDR and connect to the radio. Once you know the IP address of the radio from the Radio Setup form, open a command window and do an "arp -a" to get the MAC address.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.