Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC OSX 10.10.2 FLEX 6500

Hello, I am running a MAC BookPro OS 10.10.2.  I have Windows 7 PRO under Parallels.  On the MAC OS I run MacLoggerDX, Fldigi, WSJTX, cocoModem 2.0 and JT-BRIDGE.  I would like to continue to use these MAC programs while connecting to a FLEX-6500.   Has anyone got a solution for this?   

I guess when FLEX support MAC OS there won't be a problem.

Mike - ZL1MRC

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have SSDR and digital apps running under Parallels on a Mac Pro 10.10.2. As long as you have adequate disk and screen space, and RAM, you should do just fine. Enjoy!
  • Mike - ZL1MRC
    Mike - ZL1MRC Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi George,  are you running the digital apps of Windows?  Also, what spec MAC do you have?  Thank you.  
    Mike - ZL1MRC
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hiya Mike,
    With SSDR , CAT, and DAX on the Windows side, I'm running my digital apps under Windows, too. MacLoggerDX is my logger & cluster software; it lives on the Mac side and controls the rig nicely via IP. 

Mac is 2009 Mac Pro (4,1) with 20 GB RAM. Solid State drive for Mac OS and another small one for the Windows 8.1 VM.  
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Mike!  

I just purchased yesterday a MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz Quad P7, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB Flash, Intel Iris Pro & NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m Display adapters w/2GB DDR5 VRAM).  My new Mac was preloaded with Yosemite 10.10.2.

I have Parallels 10 running Windows 8.1 and SmartSDR.   It runs flawlessly.  Again, I use MacLogger DX on the Mac Side, all other Digital Mode software (FLDigi, N1MM+, MMTTY, WSJTX, WSPRX) run on the Windows 8 side.   It all runs flawlessly.

I also have an iMac (2013) in the shack running a similar setup.  I have been running this setup since I got my Flex 6300 back in June.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    FWIW, I am hoping that "down the road" I can move the CAT and DAX functions to the Mac side and run my dig applications there for tighter integration with MacLoggerDX and to take advantage of my Mac's video card more. It can be done now, but it's clunky. That's why the apps are on the Windows side right now. Not that one way is "better" than the other, just my preference...
  • kg5eiu
    kg5eiu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am all in with a 6500 on order - I am a "Mac User" so anything Apple/Mac related is of high interest.  Here is to hoping the Mac gets a native client.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I use a Mac-Mini with only 8gb of memory. 2.5 ghz Using parallels in coherance mode I am able to use dual monitors with dxlab or macloggerdx on one monitor whille ssdr  on win 8.1 is on the other. I can do email or surf as well. runs very well. I long for a new mini with 16gb mem!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.