Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

M series Radio - No advanced network option

Andy M5ZAP
Andy M5ZAP Member
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi
Is there no way on a 6X00M series radio to set the advanced network options.

MTU size

Static IP etc

The advanced button is not available and is not shown in the V3 documentation

Thanks

Answers

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I am using a Maestro with a 6500 software 3.1.8.73 and the Advanced button is there with the choices that you mentioned. Not sure what is going on.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I use a 6700 and I see it via SmartSDR v3.18, File, Radio Setup, Network.. The Advance button is there.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Weird. I do not see an Advanced button in the Network tab. Not there in both Windows and M SmartSDR. 

Andy
    KU7T
  • Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Andy Ross/Mike I asked for people who had M radios (6400M and 6600M) as yours are both non M then I would expect you to have the option visible.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Yup, the "Advance" button under Networks seems to be hidden and not user accessible in 3.1.8 on my 6600M.

I'll revert to the previous version of SmartSDR later to see if it was there.

Steve
    K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com  
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Well Andy, sorry for trying to provide additional information that would be helpful. Since we both use v3.18 I would expect you to have Advanced visible as do I.

Seemed to be helpful to Steve, as you can see by Steve's post, to me it's conclusive.  

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    What about the stand-alone non SmartSDR users? 
  • Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi Mike
    Sorry I wasn’t saying it was unhelpful. Just my rather to the point way of writing. Thanks for your help
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Maestro + 6700, I also see Advanced button via Menu, Network.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.