M model and Maestro slider number readout

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
Will the user interface on the M models have control sliders that also show the numeric readout of the setting like the SmartSDR software on the computer?

If so will these numeric readouts also be included in the Maestro user interface?

When I switch from the PC interface to the Maestro I find it somewhat difficult and a guess to set and adjust some of the more used sliders when there is no numerical guide.  For example when using the APF (Audio Peak Filter) to enhance reception of a weak cw signal I find on the PC interface that a setting of 20 might not be enough but a setting of 30 is good and a setting of 40 is too much.  However on the Maestro slider for APF the size of the round dot to show the slider position makes it impossible to make a fine adjust between a setting of 30 from a setting of 20 or 40.  Additionally the size of the adjustment dot on the slider is difficult to move with any accuracy because you need to use a finger or a capacitive touch pen to grab and adjust it.

John K3MA
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 273 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 273 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Is there some reason that none of the Flex representatives, or the Alpha/Beta testers are not answering this question?
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
Yes, we're really busy trying to finish up the last items trying to get the radios ready to ship.

The slider controls do not have numeric readouts.  This feature is in our enhancement database (#2927)
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 273 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Tim.  Thanks for taking a minute out of your busy day to reply.  I clearly know the status now and that it is already another item on the list.