Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LSB & DIGL & Fldigi ---- NOT Solved!!

Dave - WB5NHL
Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Ver 15.13 and Fldigi set to display the frequency (not audio freq) on display. When switching between LSB and DIGL (e.g. 40M), Fldigi shows a 2.6KHz shift. From LSB to DIGL it is 2.6KHz up. The radio does NOT change freq. The frequency communicated to Fldigi does change in the freq display. The audio doesn't change i.e. signals are in same location on the waterfall. Changing the waterfall to audio freq display confirms audio hasn't changed. I just checked USB and DIGU. It appears that there is no shift with USB & DIGU. LSB & DIGL could have the problem in previous SmartSDR and I didn't notice. On 20M the LSB/DIGL shift seems to be 2KHz. Seems that the something strange is being communicated to fldigi

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Dave, I have just finished testing the SmartSDR CAT with Fldigi 3.21.62 using the RigCAT interface. I am using the SmartSDR.xml file downloaded from the Fldigi web site. It is working as expected. You may want to shut down SmartSDR and cold boot the radio (power down and remove power from the radio monetarily, then power up the radio) to make sure that the radio loaded the new firmware properly. Here is what I found in detailed testing: When I change the modes in SmartSDR, they track as expected and the frequency ASFK offset shown in Fldigi relative to the slice carrier frequency changes to a negative (-) value for DIGL and LSB, whereas the ASFK frequency offset is positive for AM, USB and DIGU. Additionally, I tested the CAT commands ZZIF and ZZMD that are translated to the FlexLib syntax (what the radio understands) and they correspond. properly. Also, the frequency offset shown in Fldigi, be it positive or negative is not directly determined by the CAT command. There is logic in Fldigi that tells it when a particular mode is enabled, it should offset towards a negative frequency. In this case it is LSB and DIGL, as defined in the SmartSDR.xml RigCAT file. One other thing is that the Fldigi "sweetspot" also plays a role on the magnitude of the ASFK frequency offset.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave, I also do not see the change in waterfall frequency when changing from LSB/DIGL.. I have FLdigi 3.21.76 and SSDR 0.15.13. It is likely that there is some setup difference in FLdigi between what the three of us have. AL, K0VM
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Ok....... That's see if we can resolve this. I'm running SmartSDR 0. 15.13, with SmartCAT 1.1.5.0 Fldigi is 3.21.75 using the XML you originally released Tim. Rebooted PC, cold started radio Just so you guys don't think I'm crazy here are 2 screen snaps The ONLY think I'm doing changing LSB to DIGL on the Flex recvr slice. I am not changing anything in fldigi!! Note the frequency under the arrow!!! Note this does NOT happen with USB ->DIGU "Also, the frequency offset shown in Fldigi, be it positive or negative is not directly determined by the CAT command. There is logic in Fldigi that tells it when a particular mode is enabled, it should offset towards a negative frequency." Understand, why is LSB and DIGL treated differently when USB and DIGU are treated the same??? LSB Mode DIGL Mode
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I did some changing Modes (no other changes) USB - 14101.5 DIGU - 14101.5 LSB - 14098.5 DIGL - 14101.5 Call it a Fldigi bug but it appears DIGL mode is not being interpreted correctly or at all!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Dave, It works for me and Al, so the problem is not systemic to SmartSDR CAT. Try downloading the latest SmartSDR.xml file from Fldigi. You can also rename your Fldigi user file to reset all of your Fldigi settings. Using the latest SmartSDR.xml file set upi just RigCAT and test that. I still think the problem is on the Fldigi side of this configuration.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave, Here are my screen shot .. I think of the same action.. Also started from a complete reboot of everything..
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dave, I just noticed in your screen shots, LSB frequency increses right to left, and DIGL increases left to right... I dont know how to do that... flip the direction. or only for one mode.. AL, K0VM
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Al, Yup DIGL acted like USB. It's fixed but I still don't know why. Started with entire new fldigi.files directory with new download of SmartSDR XML. I've moved macros and logs over so I didn't lose anything but I still need to understand where the problem exists in fldigi Thanks for the patience from both of you.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Excellent! Like you said, we may never know what the root cause was, but all is well that ends well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.