Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low power output on flex 6300 after upgrade to Software v.1.6.17.156

dan flynn
dan flynn Member ✭✭
Using Windows 7.  Upgraded my Flex 6300 to software version v.1.6.17.156, and installed DSTAR and FreeDV waveforms.  Software loaded fine.  I can tune tune the radio, and work JT-9/65 but no output power is showing on the bar meter.  Plugging in a Dummy load and Bird 43 watt meter and with the slider set at 100 watts I'm only seeing 1.5Watts of output.  Has anyone else run into this? Just a coincidence I lost final drive when I upgraded software.  Not sure It's sure possible I lost the drive on the old SW version and didn't notice it since I probably running digital and making some contacts. Dan Flynn  ww3n

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can set a TX power limit in the Transmit tab under Radio Setup, Make sure that has not been modified somehow.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This is where I would check first

Make sure your TX Inhibit is DISABLED

The other piece of advice in hopes that it is not indeed a PA failure would be to make sure you selected the right TX Antenna.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dan,
      If its just WSJT/Dax programs that are low, does the level meter indicate correctly ??  It could be that the levels through theWSJT/DAX/Windows have become mal-adjusted...

If all else fails... export your profiles, do a reset to factory defauls.  Test for power output and if thats ok, import and load your profile..

AL, K0VM
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have also observed a similar issue in WSJT, it appears to be a problem when I'm closer to the edge of the passband. I'll provide more info when I get home. But I have also seen that the flex power would go to 0 and need to reset it. Eduardo, KC8R
  • EduardoCarvalho
    edited February 2016
    The answer to my problem is answered in the following post.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/odd-behavior-when-offset-for-wsjt-x-is-greater-than...

Eduardo, KC8R
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I always use the 'fake-split' mode in WSJT-X. That will move the slice so that the transmitted signal is around 1.5kHz and then move it back during receive.
  • EduardoCarvalho
    edited February 2016
    Phil,

Thank you for the tip. Are you doing that automatically? If so how are you achieving that with WSJT.

Eduardo, KC8R
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hi Eduardo,

In WSJT-X Settings, under the Radio tab in the Split Operation section, just select "Fake It". I don't think that WSJT has the same option but personally I prefer WSJT-X anyway!

73 Phil
  • EduardoCarvalho
    edited February 2016
    Phil,

Thank you for the details. 

Eduardo, KC8R
  • dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    All,Thanks for the quick responses.  Life got in the way of radio for the last two weeks and I finally got a chunk of time to work thru the suggestions.
    EA4GLI - 1. check power limit in the Transmit tab under Radio Setup.  - It was set at 100.
         2. Check TX Inhibit Disabled. - Yes it was. 
         3. Check Antenna selection.   - Have a butternut on ANT 2, and a Carolina Windom on ANT 1.   Also swapped out the Windom and connected a dummy load. 
                     The best I get on any load is 5 watts on the upper end of 10 meters, and about 1.5 watts on 40 meters. I’m transmitting in CW mode.
    K0VM - 1. exported profiles and reset to factory defaults.   - I held power button in for 5 secs got the white LED.  With radio reset to factory, Max power stayed at 1.5 watts./ 5 watts.
    KC8R - 1. Put WSJT-X in “fake it” split.  No power change.  But I’ll keep that switch set to keep pass band centered on transmit. Nice feature if you are working on the edge of the passband.

Lastly, I upgraded the software to V.1.6.21 and that that also did not bring back the power. 
    So if I had to guess, it sounds like all I have for output is the exciter circuit?  Any last thoughts?

Regards,  Dan ww3n

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dan,
       I would recommend that you open a Helpdesk ticket with FLex..
    AL, K0VM
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

Do you have 100W output in CW?

Greg

• dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Greg
    No, in cw it's the 1.5 Watts on 40 and 5ish on the high end of 10.
    r/ Dan ww3n
  • dan flynn
    dan flynn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Al,
        I was hoping for a easy fix.  Thank.. I'll open one.  Regards/ Dan ww3n

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    goodv uck Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.