Low Power output on a 6700 and a 6500 about 20watts

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Solved
I have just run into a major problem, while testing  to check my audio, all of a sudden the OM4000A which was at about 1000 watts refused to allow the output to increase. Assuming that the OM$))A had a problem I checked all cables etc. Nothing wrong there.

Finally operating into a dummy load I saw the 6700 output would not alter no matter where the RF power was any where between 10 and max output , the output as shown on the RF pwr did not alter from about 20watts.
So I switched on the 6500 and ran it into a dummy load with exactly the same result, the power did not alter when adjusting the output to max.  The 6500 has a power supply with a meter which shows 1.8amps when receiving when tuning the current  maxed at 8.4amps and did not increase as the rf power was changed.

The dummy loads were connected directly to ant 1 on both radios, to eliminate the possibility of any other coax fault.

So 2 radios with exactly the same problem which seems wierd, and how to I get the radios working again.

Ross
ZL1WN
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi all,
Whatever the problem was, it has now come right, thankfully I now have both radios working ok.

Thanks all for the comments, its nice to know there is help available when needed.
Ross
ZL1WN