Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low Power and tone after transmit

Hi all

I received my second hand Flex 1500 this morning and have been playing around and trying to get it set up using FLDigi and Easypal which seemed to go fine.  My problem is out put power is very low (never more than 3%) when using either of these programs and after further investigation even with a mic into the radio itself.  Using the tuner button set to max gives 100%.  

My other problem is that after every tx I get a tone on the lower sideband for approx 0.5 - 1 sec long, could this be related to my first problem?

Equip:
  • Flex 1500
  • MFJ 945E tuner
  • Half Size G5RV
  • Power is an old 12v 3a Laptop PSU.
Thanks In advance for any insights..

Stuart

Comments

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sounds like you are missing 15dB in the TX chain. 3% is what the radio is driving. Set 100% on tune it seems. I assume you are using VAC with virtual audio cables. Look at the settings for volume in the mixer for the virtual cable ends. Andrew
  • Stuart Woodcock
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the reply Andrew. I think you put me on the right track to fix it! I already had everything set to 100% in all vac cables so looked in the configurator and noticed a volume control tickbox. Ticking the box for both cables and restarting the engine seems to give me full power, as a quick test with fldigi is showing 80+% drive! My lower sb tone also seems to have disappeared so that's a bonus. I haven't got time to do a full check atm but will report back when I get a chance. Thanks again Andrew

Stuart

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.