Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost the DAX option for "Channel 1 RX" JT65 no longer controllable as before

Options
Barry Isseks
Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I can choose DAX CH 1 TX in computer settings but not RX..for other then RESERVED channels. Have reinstalled DAX but no longer able to control JT65 xmit with vox.
Anyone had similiar issue. Windows 7. 

Answers

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Follow the instructions for a complete reinstall, making sure that all software is truely removed before reinstalling. I had problems with interfacing to my logging program that I could not solve. In my case, Windows was hiding some deleted ports. Fixed the port problem, reinstalled, and all was well.

Not sure what windows can do to DAX; but, I suspect that Windows has caused your problem.

Look at task manager and see if you can see the DAX channel there. Not sure if windows can hide a deleted DAX channel.
  • Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    More info.. Tried a win 7 laptop to control with fresh instance of SDR 1.5.1.  Channel 1 RX still elusive. Will need to call support to see what I am doing wrong.
  • Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    more.. Rebooted the laptop and found the rx1....All then worked well there. Went back to the offending Desktop machine and observed the following: In channel 1 the DAX control Panel  showed continuous activity on the TX audio side while in receive or xmit, no matter what channels were set. I went to DAX channel 2 and I was able to then show xmit activity only when JT65 went to xmit and have the radio key via vox. as expected. I suspect a corruption in DAX channel 1 only it appears. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.