Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost my Speakers with DAX running

Kent Hufford
Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have SMART SDR loaded on my Surface PRO 3. Works great. Today, I just wanted to listen to a YOU TUBE video with earphones. Plugged in the earphones, Picked them in the Playback list, and everything was fine.

When I disconnected the earphones, and went back to turn on the internal speaker. NO  speaker choice was present. JUST LOTS of DAX options. NO Speaker or even earphones.

Removed SMART SDR and DAX, and my speaker and earphone options came back.

I  had this same kind of issue before when we were installing  FUSION Wires-X software on a PC. The Wires-X software could not “see” the box connected via USB because of all the DAX settings. We removed SMART SDR and DAX on that PC, and Wires-X software found the box.

Got to be a way to prevent DAX from **** up all the sound ports.

Kent, KQ4KK

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015

That sounds very interesting. I can't help you but sure would like to know what you do to fix it. Maybe for some reason the hardware became disabled. Do you have enabling so that you can view disabled hardware? I HATE that Windows option. It had me chasing my tail for a week!

Jim, K6QE

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I went to the Sound selection of the Settings menu in my Win 8.1 and 'Disabled' all the DAX ports I never use.  Seems to have helped me - not sure if it will work with your laptop.

Would be nice if Flex offered a setting in DAX as to how many ports to enable.  Maybe someday.

Good luck ! 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I once made the unappreciated comment that DAX was like the weather. Every talks about it but does nothing about it.
  • MH_Flexer
    MH_Flexer Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I see the same issue. I have to shut down and restart the laptop to restore audio. Happens regularly but randomly........ DMR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.