Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost all stored profiles on 6400

Options
Ronald Bloss
Ronald Bloss Member ✭✭
Well, I've had my first real glitch with my new 6400. After a normal shutdown yesterday and what looked to me like a normal startup this morning ALL my stored profiles were gone from the radio. Luckily I had made a backup when I upgraded to v2.4.9 so I could recover most of my setup although I lost quite a number of specialized profiles. Very unnerving! Is this maybe an issue with v2.4.9?  No recent Windows 10 updates.

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This is not a known issue, but anything can happen. Good thing you saved your profiles, that is what we are expected to do, save all.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    One question, did or have ever backed up your profile settings? If you did try restoring from backup.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sorry, thought I read the whole question. But just some advice, backup after all profile changes. I don’t always listen to my inner self, and paid for it dearly.....
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I have had 2.4.9 on since shortly after it was available and no problems with the profiles here.  Your post, however, got me on the ball and I just did a new backup.  Sometimes I get lazy or forgetful about doing that.  And since I am always refining my profiles it behooves me to do better.  I wonder if a new feature where you can set up automatic saving the profiles at user selected times or events would be a good feature to request from Flex?

---Gary WB8ROL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.