Lost all stored profiles on 6400

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Well, I've had my first real glitch with my new 6400. After a normal shutdown yesterday and what looked to me like a normal startup this morning ALL my stored profiles were gone from the radio. Luckily I had made a backup when I upgraded to v2.4.9 so I could recover most of my setup although I lost quite a number of specialized profiles. Very unnerving! Is this maybe an issue with v2.4.9?  No recent Windows 10 updates.
Photo of Ronald Bloss

Ronald Bloss

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3032 Posts
  • 671 Reply Likes
This is not a known issue, but anything can happen. Good thing you saved your profiles, that is what we are expected to do, save all.
Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 291 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
One question, did or have ever backed up your profile settings? If you did try restoring from backup.
Photo of WH6HI - Pat

WH6HI - Pat

• 291 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Sorry, thought I read the whole question. But just some advice, backup after all profile changes. I don’t always listen to my inner self, and paid for it dearly.....
Photo of Gary L. Robinson

Gary L. Robinson

• 248 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
I have had 2.4.9 on since shortly after it was available and no problems with the profiles here.  Your post, however, got me on the ball and I just did a new backup.  Sometimes I get lazy or forgetful about doing that.  And since I am always refining my profiles it behooves me to do better.  I wonder if a new feature where you can set up automatic saving the profiles at user selected times or events would be a good feature to request from Flex?

---Gary WB8ROL